Attachment management changes

There seems to have been a change in the Attachment Browse Path recently. Although this is not a bug (clearly the behavior has been changed to mimic clicking on the "Browse" button when clicking on the empty filepath), it doesn't allow to paste a filepath directly anymore. That's causing a conflict with the much appreciated "Code Capture Tool"...

Is there an other way to paste a filepath directly without opening the Browse dialog?

post-10515-1218651000.png?width=400

QUOTE (normandinf @ Aug 13 2008, 11:11 AM)

Supposedly this was done to fix a security flaw in Firefox (see http://codangaems.blogspot.com/2008/06/firefox-3s-file-upload-box.html' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">this rant). Although I haven't found a way around it, I did find that as soon as the file dialog box comes up you can use the standard Ctrl-v to paste the path (regardless of where the focus is) and hit Open or Enter and it works.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Aug 14 2008, 02:43 PM)
Well, I can tell you it's not as a result of anything I did on my part. This appears to be a "feature" of Firefox 3.0. IE works fine.
Ironically, in this case "IE works fine" means that IE is still subject to the security exploit that both Firefox and Safari fixed. :-)