mechanical watch

QUOTE (Minh Pham @ Oct 22 2008, 06:08 AM)

nice watch, how much is it? :2cents:

lol

i was expecting such a question :D

first, these are not referred to as "watches" but "time pieces" and they don't really have price -if they had it would easily be a 7 digit price- but i think these are not to be worn as watch.. it takes more than a years to build one and for the most complicated there are limited series maybe less than 10 in the world so their place is a museum, not the wrist of someone who can spend millions of $ on a time piece.

QUOTE (JasonXCX @ Oct 23 2008, 10:03 AM)

[...]

the video is absolutely ugly, a new picture every 0,2 second you can see nothing of this very nice watch.

[...]

Well... it's a youtube video probably made by someone who is passionate with mechanical watches but with limited video editing skills.

My point in sharing these videos was just giving an idea of what watch makers do because I think it's deeply amazing.

If you search the watchmakers' website you'll find videos in HD ;)

QUOTE (Antoine Châlons @ Oct 23 2008, 08:34 AM)

Well... it's a youtube video probably made by someone who is passionate with mechanical watches but with limited video editing skills.

My point in sharing these videos was just giving an idea of what watch makers do because I think it's deeply amazing.

If you search the watchmakers' website you'll find videos in HD ;)

Thank you Sure it needs a lot of practice to use all this wonderful video toys. The mechanisms are really nice . But my personal taste id for huge clock chimney old clocks.. electrical clocks .