reverse string but not esc'd special chars?

Before I go and reinvent another wheel, does anyone have a VI that will reverse a string but not esc'd chars in the string?

For example, if my string is:

find \[this\] text

and I want to find it by searching from the end of my data first, I reverse it and the data before using match pattern. But the reverse is this:

txet ]/siht[\ dnif

what I need is this:

txet \]siht\[ dnif

because I need to preserve the esc'd special chars in the search string so match pattern works.

thanks for any help!

-John

2009. I just get a hyperlink. But I'm beyond caring now :D.

You need to save it to disk first, then drag on diagram. It works on LV2009 too.

I think it has to do with Firefox (or maybe the way LAVA deals with pictures?) because I've dragged them directly to diagram before. Don't sure what has changed since I did that.

You need to save it to disk first, then drag on diagram. It works on LV2009 too.

I think it has to do with Firefox (or maybe the way LAVA deals with pictures?) because I've dragged them directly to diagram before. Don't sure what has changed since I did that.

Google's the same.

I think IE is the only one to work directly?

Always nice to hear that others think the same :thumbup1:

Indeed. It confirms my suspicion that I'm really not as stupid as I look :D

For clarity I prefer to use the cast, and because of constant folding I believe that there will be no hit in performance.

Can't argue with that. Readability over elegance (no performance hit). But in contrast to your previous statement. computers definitely don't think like me. :D

Edited by ShaunR