Is there an easy way to rename object terminal labels to match class name?

The problem I have is that when I rename the class, I end up with object controls and indicators that contain the label of the original class. Is there an easy way, outside of manually renaming, to do this? Maybe someone has a tool out there?

Not sure why LabVIEW doesn't do this for me. I can't be the only one with this problem.

• Like 1

The problem I have is that when I rename the class, I end up with object controls and indicators that contain the label of the original class. Is there an easy way, outside of manually renaming, to do this? Maybe someone has a tool out there?

Not sure why LabVIEW doesn't do this for me. I can't be the only one with this problem.

Ditto that.

Ben

Jon's LVOOP Assistant renames Front Panel objects.

The LVOOP Assistant supports:

- Changing Class Icons themes with native LVOOP colors, custom colors or random colours

- Icon Layers due to the integration of the Icon Editor API

- Using a Sandbox to create Static and Dynamic methods from user templates

- Creating a Constructor method from a user template

- Creating Scoped Virtual Folders

- Renaming LVOOP FP Object Labels

- Cloning a method VI

• Like 1

Here is a plugin for Scripting Sandbox I made for similar purpose. However it is not so friendly to anyone but me... but it is an idea of Scripting Sandbox - isn't it?

Replace in-out controls.vi

Edit: It seems like there is some hope by using the Search and Replace text feature that's built into LabVIEW. I think this will work for now.

I always use the Search and Replace; however, for reasons I haven't figured out sometimes a majority of the labels are marked as being unmodifiable using that feature.

I use search and replace, too. It is simple but it would be nice not to have to do this (so maybe I should use of the tools already mentioned, although I think it would be great if NI would incorporate such a feature into the LabVIEW core). Anyway, right now I do a text-based search and limit the search scope to the VIs in the target class. This works well.

Edit: It seems like there is some hope by using the Search and Replace text feature that's built into LabVIEW. I think this will work for now.

That sounds like it might be easier than scripting.

In general I find scripting to be a pain to write. Once written it tends to be invaluable, although I find that most of the scripting I write tends to be very narrowly focused and address one specific use-case (maybe it's just me using poor programming practices and not being general enough.)

That sounds like it might be easier than scripting.

In general I find scripting to be a pain to write. Once written it tends to be invaluable, although I find that most of the scripting I write tends to be very narrowly focused and address one specific use-case (maybe it's just me using poor programming practices and not being general enough.)

Scripting is great - but you don't have to create a package and publish it to get an (internal) benefit from it.

I suggest you check out Norm's Scripting Springboard - IMHO the fastest way to get a script going.

I also like his philosophy on Scripting + Assumptions = Powerful Code.

Sometimes, for a project, you just need something quick and dirty, if that does the job and saves you time doing in manually then it is fine that it is narrowly focused. :)