• Similar Content

• By drjdpowell
      View File Messenger Library
      An extensive library for passing messages between parallel processes. Generalizes the communication method, allowing the message sender to use the method provided by the receiver. Supported communication methods include wrappings of simple queues, user events, and notifiers, as well a more complex channels such as a TCP server and client. In addition, one can configure simple forwarding addresses (“Observers"), which can send messages to multiple destinations, optionally with modifications such as adding a prefix to the message label, relabelling, or substituting a different message.
      Communication patterns supported include request-reply (asynchronous or synchronous), where the reply is sent to a "reply address" attached to the request, and register-notify, where one process sends a registration message to another in order to subscribe to a series of updates.  Also supports scatter-gather, the gathering of replies from multiple senders into an array of messages.
      An option framework for dynamically-launched VI "actors" is also provided, including example templates, which can be accessed via the Tools menu (from an open Project, select Tools>>Messenger Library>>Create Actor from Template..).  An "Actor Manager" debug tool is also installed under the Tools menu.  Please note that this package has nothing directly to do with the NI Actor Framework (other than both packages are influenced by the Actor Model).
      ***Introductory Videos are on a YouTube channel.***
      ***A great summary of many Messenger Library sources, provided by Bob W Edwards***
      JDP Science Tools group on NI.com.
      Original conversation on this work is here.

Now hosted on the LabVIEW Tools Network (but note that the latest version will often be on LAVA)
      ***NOTE: latest versions require VIPM 2017 or later to install.***
      Submitter drjdpowell Submitted 11/27/2012 Category LabVIEW Tools Network Certified LabVIEW Version 2013 License Type BSD (Most common)  
    • By drjdpowell
      An extensive library for passing messages between parallel processes. Generalizes the communication method, allowing the message sender to use the method provided by the receiver. Supported communication methods include wrappings of simple queues, user events, and notifiers, as well a more complex channels such as a TCP server and client. In addition, one can configure simple forwarding addresses (“Observers"), which can send messages to multiple destinations, optionally with modifications such as adding a prefix to the message label, relabelling, or substituting a different message.
      Communication patterns supported include request-reply (asynchronous or synchronous), where the reply is sent to a "reply address" attached to the request, and register-notify, where one process sends a registration message to another in order to subscribe to a series of updates.  Also supports scatter-gather, the gathering of replies from multiple senders into an array of messages.
      An option framework for dynamically-launched VI "actors" is also provided, including example templates, which can be accessed via the Tools menu (from an open Project, select Tools>>Messenger Library>>Create Actor from Template..).  An "Actor Manager" debug tool is also installed under the Tools menu.  Please note that this package has nothing directly to do with the NI Actor Framework (other than both packages are influenced by the Actor Model).
      ***Introductory Videos are on a YouTube channel.***
      ***A great summary of many Messenger Library sources, provided by Bob W Edwards***
      JDP Science Tools group on NI.com.
      Original conversation on this work is here.

Now hosted on the LabVIEW Tools Network (but note that the latest version will often be on LAVA)
      ***NOTE: latest versions require VIPM 2017 or later to install.***
    • By Ryan Vallieu
      I have seemingly found an issue with the shipping example code for Nested Malleable VIs.  Another user has verified that he saw the same behavior in 2019.

I am working through the examples and the presentation from NIWeek 2019.  In running the Lesson 2b code (C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2019\examples\Malleable VIs\Nested Malleable VIs) I found the Equals.vi in the class was not being leveraged and the search failed.  When I went to my LabVIEW 2018 machine and ran the Lesson 2b.vi the code worked to find the element by correctly leveraging the in-class Equals.vi.
      One difference I see is that in the 2018 example the Equal.vi is in the example folder with the code, and in 2019 the Equal.vi has been moved to VI.lib - otherwise the code looks to be the same.  The Equals.vi code looks identical, and the calling VIM look identical.  I posted on the LabVIEW NI.com forum here: 
      https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/LabVIEW-2019-Malleable-VIs-Shipping-Examples-Lesson-2b-Nested/m-p/3966044/highlight/false#M1129678

I am trying to determine what may have broken or changed between the implementation in 2018 and 2019, visually the code looks the same.
    • By Benoit
      Manufacturing a satellite or a simple pen require to test the quality of the product before delivery to the customer.
      LabVIEW is widely used for that purpose. Since 20 years of LabVIEW development I saw numerous test framework. I was wondering if people where interested to work in a collective and open source test framework.
      Per example the following feature can be included:
      HAL (hardware abstraction layer)
      Database to record test results with the data viewer (PostgreSQL)
      single/asynchronous/batch/debug mode
      multi-language support
      Image analysis (open CV) + bar code reader
      User access level
      Remote monitoring
      Jig identification to prevent user error (testing the wrong product with the wrong jig/test sequence)
      HTML/xml/txt report
      and so on....
      Benoit
    • By Voklaif
      Hello all,
      I am programming with LabVIEW for around 2 years and was recently stumbled upon LVOOP.
      I am required to write a communication protocol to work with a micro-controller, which later will be also used for ATP and debug purposes.
      I want to build the program "correctly" from the beginning so it will be maintainable and flexible to additions and changes.
      My natural way of building a program would have been a queued state machine, with several loops, each loop is in charge of a different module (one for GUI obviously), but as I stated in the beginning, I want to use LVOOP.
      Does anyone have a LVOOP project I can use as reference? I've searched online and found some nice examples, but they are small and teach you the basic stuff.
      For me it's important to see the how to use the project tree wisely, where to place the classes, see the managing loop and to learn as much as possible before I create one of my own.
      Thanks in advance,
      Voklaif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.