Errors when writting to an external encrypted USB hard drive

All,

I am having some issues with errors when I am writting to an external USB drive.  The errors appear to be random.  I was able to get a log of the errors.  I have attached the VI that I am having issues with.  The code number for the error is 1.

Endless File Write_rev1.vi

6/23/2014  18:55:9.864 : 8 : 1 : Get File Size in Endless File Write_rev1.vi:2590003->SPI User Interface test1_rev1.vi : Indicator of multiple errors : 2
6/23/2014  18:55:10.886 : 0 : 6 : Open/Create/Replace File in Endless File Write_rev1.vi:2590003->SPI User Interface test1_rev1.vi<APPEND>
H:GDataGDaqData HS_00039.efd : Indicator of multiple errors : 2
6/23/2014  18:55:11.910 : 1 : 6 : Open/Create/Replace File in Endless File Write_rev1.vi:2590003->SPI User Interface test1_rev1.vi<APPEND>
H:GDataGDaqData HS_00040.efd : Indicator of multiple errors : 2
6/23/2014  18:55:12.934 : 1 : 6 : Open/Create/Replace File in Endless File Write_rev1.vi:2590003->SPI User Interface test1_rev1.vi<APPEND>
H:GDataGDaqData HS_00041.efd : Indicator of multiple errors : 2

The error appears to start with the "Get File Size" vi in the VI that I have attached.  Once that happens it appears that I can't access the file or hard drive.  Not sure if the real problem is with the "Get File Size" vi or if is just when the drive access is messed up.

The VI will write to a file until it's size is greater than 62.5K.  Once that happens the file is closed and the file name is indexed and the new file is open.  The errors appear to have happened on a file index increment becuase the last file that was written was 62.5K.

The only error handling that is part of this VI is that if there is an error opening the file the file name is indexed and used for the next time the data is written.  I wanted to know is there was any other kind of error handling that I should put in this to handle file errors.  Or maybe to reset the USB port possibly?  Are there possibly any waits that I should put into this sequence of step?

The drive I am using is from imation and the model number is H100 1TB.  I am also using LabVIEW 2013 SP1.

If you need any more information or have questions please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mcsean
      I'm setting up some customer error codes, I haven't done it in a while and want to do it properly.In the error code editor dialog box help, I see the following
      It's a bit pedantic but I just want to make sure I'm not off track.  The name of the error codes, this would just be project X for me.  Does that sound right?
      Thanks,
      Seán
    • By Gary Armstrong
      LV2016 64-bit
      I have inherited a LabVIEW Interface that talks thru a USB2 Interface to a micro-Controller at 921,600 baud.
      This opens a new world of possibilities as USB2 can handle data at much higher rates than a typical RS232 interface.
      I have been tasked with rewriting the LabVIEW code as it is difficult to maintain.  I have an application that will talk to the uC at 230 kbaud but can't attain the 921,600 baud. I have tried copying the pertinent VIs from the supplied code into my app but still can not attain 921,600 baud. Plus I don't have a serial line analyzer capable of handling USB2, so I can only trial and error with the uC. Is there a setting I have to do in LabVIEW to allow serial communications at the higher rates? At the moment, I am trying to get the Find Controllr VI to work. I have included the support VIs for the Find Controllr.vi. The Find Controllr VI attempts to find the correct port and baud rate and then obviously communicate with the uC.
      Find Controllr.vi
      Packet TR.vi
      Get Available Ports.vi
      Serial Data.vi
      Check For Packet.vi
      Open Port.vi
      Create Packet.vi
      Extract Packet ID.vi
      PTI CRC.vi
    • By kuroko
      Hi,

i'm a newbie in LabVIEW world     
      i need some help here could anyone help me with this installation problem ?     i'm installing Lab View 2014 64-bit on my windows 10 64-bit too, but the LAB VIEW wont be installed. What should i do to solve this ?        thankyou          
    • By pkeny
      Hello,

I am having trouble on learning what to do after you input a file into labVIEW. I cannot seem to find help on this topics. I have seen many videos and tutorials on how to read and write excel/text (.csv) files. But, I am not able to do anything after importing an text/excel file into labVIEW.

So, I was wondering if someone had a simple VI that they could share. In the end, I want to do some automation so it will read a number and a status from excel. And then that number and status will either turn on or off a switch which controls something else. 

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate if someone could share a VI as an example of how to manipulate the data to control something after you import a text/excel file into labVIEW.
    • By Dawid
      Hello everyone,

I have a small problem with SPI communication. I'm using NI USB 8452 module and LabView 2013 with driver NI USB 845x 14.0. As a first step I ran the example from attached library called "Atmel AT25080A Write.vi". The problem manifests as logic "0" all the time on MOSI and MISO lines. No Data transferred. CS and CLK works properly. I never use pull ups when using SPI but maybe I should? The question is did anybody meet the same problem while using this usb 8452 module? All 4 SPI lines connected directly to oscilloscope. Waiting for any reply. Thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.