installation error LabVIEW 2014 64-bit on windows 10

kuroko

Hi,

i'm a newbie in LabVIEW world  :D  :D  :D

i need some help here :) could anyone help me with this installation problem ?

post-54428-0-28180200-1454168432.jpg
post-54428-0-58591500-1454168438.jpg

i'm installing Lab View 2014 64-bit on my windows 10 64-bit too, but the LAB VIEW wont be installed. What should i do to solve this ?

:)  :)  :) thankyou :D  :D  :D

:worshippy:  :worshippy:  :worshippy:

Welcome to LabVIEW and welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your stay :D

LabVIEW does not yet officially support Windows 10, see LabVIEW Operating System Support. That being said I've successfully installed LV2011 and LV2015 (x64) on Windows 10 and had no problems with the installer (don't know about LV2014 though). As far as I can tell from your screenshots, LabVIEW is already installed on your system (does not require any more disk space). Are you sure that's not the case?

Did you install LabVIEW before upgrading to Windows 10? => Check if there is a folder "C:\Program Files\National Instruments"

Let me already give you answers to two possible scenarios:

1. If you can find the "National Instruments" folder under "Program Files" you have most likely upgraded from a previous Windows version without resetting your computer. That might work for many applications, however in my experience this causes more trouble than resetting your computer and installing everything from scratch. Check the Recovery options in Windows 10 to learn how to do that (use the 'Remove everything') option and make sure to create backups of your important files first. This will of course require you to install and configure all of your applications again (including all settings you've don in Windows)! Don't do that if you don't know how!

2. It might be that LV2014 specifically has issues on Windows 10. Your license key will work with different versions of LabVIEW however (should work with every version from 8.0 upwards). Try downloading the latest version from their site (search over the web, or go to their FTP servers). Try installing LabVIEW 2015 (x64). Here is the direct link: ftp://ftp.ni.com/evaluation/labview/ekit/other/downloader/2015LV-64WinEng.exe

Hope this works for you.

According to that link and this link, LabVIEW 2015 is officially supported by Windows 10.

I guess you mean that the other way around :lol:

Thank you for the great links, I didn't know there was such a detailed list of supported versions specifically for Windows 10. This will save much time and effort for anyone planning to take that step. Also one would think they would keep the shop up-to-date in order to sell the product... :nono:

Interesting. LabVIEW 32 bit not supported. Is this the beginning on 32 bit obsolescence

I'm not entirely sure what the table is trying to say. The note says "...the column titled 'Windows 10 64-bit (Using 32-bit Software)' indicates the first version of 32-bit software that will run within the... (WOW64) emulation layer", and the table says:

1. Windows 10 64-bit (Using 64-bit Software) does not support LabVIEW 2015 32-bit
  2. Windows 10 64-bit (Using 32-bit Software) supports LabVIEW 2015 32-bit
  3. Windows 10 64-bit (Using 64-bit Software) supports LabVIEW 2015 64-bit
  4. Windows 10 64-bit (Using 32-bit Software) supports LabVIEW 2015 64-bit

I take #2 and #3 to mean that 64-bit Windows 10 supports both 32- and 64-bit LabVIEW 2015.

I'm guessing that #1 means you can't run 32-bit LabVIEW without WOW64.

I'm guessing that #4 is a typo, since you can't run a 64-bit application in a 32-bit environment.

I'm not entirely sure what the table is trying to say. The note says "...the column titled 'Windows 10 64-bit (Using 32-bit Software)' indicates the first version of 32-bit software that will run within the... (WOW64) emulation layer", and the table says:

1. Windows 10 64-bit (Using 64-bit Software) does not support LabVIEW 2015 32-bit
  2. Windows 10 64-bit (Using 32-bit Software) supports LabVIEW 2015 32-bit
  3. Windows 10 64-bit (Using 64-bit Software) supports LabVIEW 2015 64-bit
  4. Windows 10 64-bit (Using 32-bit Software) supports LabVIEW 2015 64-bit

I take #2 and #3 to mean that 64-bit Windows 10 supports both 32- and 64-bit LabVIEW 2015.

I'm guessing that #1 means you can't run 32-bit LabVIEW without WOW64.

I'm guessing that #4 is a typo, since you can't run a 64-bit application in a 32-bit environment.

Indeed. I think it makes sense for the other products since 32/64 "bit software" is the LabVIEW IDE bitness. So both 32 and 64 bit LabVIEW are supported.