My wife's first NI Week

JeremyMarquis

Thank you, all of you at NI Week.  My wife had more fun than anyone else.  Anyone.

She got to talk to people from all over the world about culture, science, medicine, mechanics/machines, electronics, the internet/cloud, deployment methods, business models, product marketing, mathematics, even history.  She even crashed a real estate appraisal conference being held at the hotel.

She spoke to most everyone running demos in the expo hall.  Consistently the female AE's would look around to see if they were being watched, then get a gleam in their eyes and say to her "I get you, me too, come push these buttons with me!"

During MY booth duty Tuesday morning her many years of sales experience kicked in, unplanned.  She was pumped and drawing all kinds of people into the booth.  I couldn't keep up.  My coworkers were amused.  Shortest-feeling booth duty ever.

She somehow audited a session upstairs, accompanying an NI sales rep from abroad (details obscured to protect!).  He got to practice explaining the product and its target market to her personally (in English), and she got to see how NI presented new products to the public.

In the evenings she went with me to special dinners, private events, happy-hour-meetings, and dinner with customers.  At a standing, raucous scotch-with-the-boys gathering  she matched the banter so well it was demanded she be there next year.  She helped me at the check-in table at the LAVA BBQ and met ~200 LabVIEW developers.  Late nights she kept people together, seemed to grow the group with everyone we met, and kept everything clean.

At the conference party her desire to get people talking and meeting each other made it like speed-networking for all of us.  By that time she had so many badge ribbons donated to her that she got a lot of attention, and she had a lot of fun.  And she still had time to dance.

Sent from Norm Kirchner, he titled it "Belle of the Ball."

Belle%20of%20the%20Ball.jpg

Bringing cultures together at the conference party:

Conference%20Party.jpg

I am omitting the "Air guitar with LabVIEW Champions at the Spazmatics show" photo, sorry. =)

She is still talking about last week.  I believe I will take her again next year. She reminded me what all the excitement is about, and renewed my wonder at what all of you do.

It was my most fun year, too.

Jeremy

Edited by JeremyMarquis
  • Like 2

Had a great time with you guys.  Her comment about how the ribbon collection started did get me thinking.  Would it be a good idea to have a "Wife/Spouse" ribbons made?  On the one hand I don't like the idea of having ribbons made for every category, but I think the wives catch on to the fact that the length of your ribbons is something to show off.  Wives probably feel left out with no ribbons of their own.  I was the one that had the LAVA ribbons made this year so I feel like I could probably get something together and make some for the wives to have.  I just feel like they should feel more welcomed, not isolated.  It did seem like there were a good number of wives there this year.

EDIT:  BTW I almost brought my wife but something came up.  There is a good chance she'll be coming with me next year.

• Like 1

Had a great time with you guys.  Her comment about how the ribbon collection started did get me thinking.  Would it be a good idea to have a "Wife/Spouse" ribbons made?  On the one hand I don't like the idea of having ribbons made for every category, but I think the wives catch on to the fact that the length of your ribbons is something to show off.  Wives probably feel left out with no ribbons of their own.  I was the one that had the LAVA ribbons made this year so I feel like I could probably get something together and make some for the wives to have.  I just feel like they should feel more welcomed, not isolated.  It did seem like there were a good number of wives there this year.

EDIT:  BTW I almost brought my wife but something came up.  There is a good chance she'll be coming with me next year.

Hooovahh, 

If you are going to do these ribbons have them say spouses, you don't want to leave some of your friends' spouses out ;) 

You can also have some fun with the ribbon and be more like "NI Week widow/er" LOL!

Loved meeting her! and definitely, she has to be here next year! 

If you are going to do these ribbons have them say spouses, you don't want to leave some of your friends' spouses out ;)

I started saying Wife/Spouse in my message and then got lazy and only said wife.  I hope it is understood that I meant it for spouses not just wives.  If I remember I'll start a new thread next year to see if there is interest in a spouse ribbon.

I started saying Wife/Spouse in my message and then got lazy and only said wife.  I hope it is understood that I meant it for spouses not just wives.  If I remember I'll start a new thread next year to see if there is interest in a spouse ribbon.

Just pulling your leg ;)

Jeremy,

It was great to see you again and a pleasure to meet your wife. She's probably pre-registered for next year already. She looked like she was having an awesome time.

We'd love to have you over for the European CLA summit next year !! You guys should visit Europe.

Failing that, see you at NI Week 2015 :-)

Chris

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
JeremyMarquis, on 11 Aug 2014 - 6:00 PM, said:

Thank you, all of you at NI Week.  My wife had more fun than anyone else.  Anyone.

At the conference party her desire to get people talking and meeting each other made it like speed-networking for all of us.  By that time she had so many badge ribbons donated to her that she got a lot of attention, and she had a lot of fun.

She is still talking about last week.  I believe I will take her again next year. She reminded me what all the excitement is about, and renewed my wonder at what all of you do.

It was my most fun year, too.

I like her - that girl's got moxy.

Although I'm wishing I hadn't have donated all of those ribbons to here - Otherwise I would have reached the floor by now. Oh well, I guess I'll have to come back next year.

post-181-0-44767400-1409171332.jpg

• Like 2