TestStand and MySQL

My new job has me starting from scratch DB wise. I worked with a homegrown schema for many years, but it doesn't match my needs here and I want to make this supportable log term (next poor soul), so I was thinking of using the out-of-box schema with MySQL.

I've got MyQL 5.1 and TS 2010 installed; the TS 2010 MySQL implementation uses INSERT statements which lack my one pet peeve, a timestamp data type. I think this may be because MySQL at the time 2010 was developed only had a date-time data type.

Does anyone know if a newer version of TestStand includes support for a timestamp data type with the MySQL template?

post-949-0-08719300-1409245816_thumb.jpg

Well. I don't know the answer to your question since I only have TS 2010 as well. But I do know that Timestamp is basically UnixTime and has been around since before MySQL version 4 (probably as far back as version 0 :P ) and is generally considered a legacy format (runs out of steam in 2038 so beware of birthdays ;) ).

DateTime is a far superior option to Timestamp (can be used for date calculations directly and runs out in the year 9999) and really should be used if you have a choice. If you really want timestamp you can get it from DateTime by using "SELECT UNIX_TIMESTAMP(the_datetime)". anyway.

Saying that though. I am guilty of using Double Precision on occasions since that is a direct conversion to LabVIEWs datetime type but I have not used the Timestamp data type in MySQL for a long time now.

Edited by ShaunR