Resetting DAQmx Watchdog

_Y_

I am trying to implement a simple DAQ Watchdog with single digital output but cannot find any logical way to reset the Watchdog timeout signal. One of obvious solutions is invoking DAQmx Reset Device.vi. Unfortunately, it does not work. The Watchdog goes to timeout state but the physical output signal does not turn to High.

For some obscure reason (typical non-qualified guess:) I added bottom part of the code that is red-framed in the BD. The only difference between functional and non-functional code is using DAQmx Start Task.vi, that is located in “Solutionâ€-driven case structure. If Boolean control “Solution†is True, the code works; if False, it doesn’t.

Please help to understand why launching conventional Digital Output task is necessary for normal functioning of the Watchdog?

PS: Attempts to use clear expiration command instead of DAQmx Reset Device.vi were not successful.

PSS: HW is PXIe-6358

PSSS: Unfortunately, I cannot post any image here. Any image format results in "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community" :blink: . The VI is attached.

watchdogTest150817.vi

Edited by _Y_