DAQmx Error -200557 with cDAQ-9171 and NI 9215 in MAX Test Panel

Bruniii

Hi all.

After mounth of continuosly running with zero problem, now I'm getting the error "-200557 Specified property cannot be set while the task is running. Set the property prior to starting the task, or stop the task propr to setting the property".

First I got the error on my program (basically, a QMH acquiring data from a DAQ module). But I get the same error from the MAX Test Panel of the module, even after many restart of the Windows PC and even after I uninstalled and installed again the DAQmx drivers and the LabVIEW runtime.

This is the error and the MAX window. The module is a DAQ NI 9215 and is mounted in the cDAQ-9171 USB chassis.

MAX.PNG.7c2d8ac4bd512d6e08f25a43eb9cd5fc.PNG

In other PCs where the same LabVIEW program is running, with the same combination of hardware (9171 + 9215) the typical MAX device list is like that:

MAX_ok.PNG.e3c564fd02c9ce0917f994bcad3a14f5.PNG

with the chassis 9171 listed and the 9215 is listed as a board in the chassis.

Unfortunally the PC and the boards are in a remote location and, at the moment, I'm not able to phisically unplug the usb chassis or change the board with a different one.

Can somebody help me, suggesting something else I could try, having only a remote access to the Windows PC?

Thank you,

Marco.

On 6/27/2023 at 3:06 PM, Bruniii said:

Can somebody help me, suggesting something else I could try, having only a remote access to the Windows PC?

Open "My System" > "Software" and compare the list for the 2 PCs. I suspect missing/outdated DAQmx drivers.

Edited by JKSH
2 minutes ago, JKSH said:

Compare the list under "My System" > "Software". I suspect missing/outdated DAQmx drivers.

The PC with the error on the left; on the right, the same PC model with the same type of HW (9171 + 9215) connected, in a different location, and still working.

error.PNG.77d5b6fc479c1fcb96bb791d005bf2f6.PNGok.PNG.90a63c71a1c1d3b34ef5895f328282e4.PNG

Honestly, I don't know why the 2021 Runtime is installed in the working one. My program is compiled with LabVIEW 2020.

I will try to upgrade the DAQmx driver to the 21.8 in the PC with the error. But everything else looks the same, to me.

2 hours ago, JKSH said:

Open "My System" > "Software" and compare the list for the 2 PCs. I suspect missing/outdated DAQmx drivers.

I have updated the DAQmx divers to the same version installed in the working PCs but nothing has changed and I have the same error even after multiple restart of the PC:error.PNG.8dd730ee8e85c3af22c7039ba31aa8a1.PNG

On 6/28/2023 at 5:26 PM, Bruniii said:

I have updated the DAQmx divers to the same version installed in the working PCs but nothing has changed and I have the same error even after multiple restart of the PC

• What happens when you click "Self-Test" instead of "Test Panels..."?
  • Have a look at Windows Device Manager. Any error messages related to your chassis?
  • If you still can't find any clues, contact NI tech support

Anyway, I just realized that your 2 machines actually have different hardware. The one that's not working has a USB-9162, not a cDAQ-9171: https://download.ni.com/support/manuals/371568e.pdf

On 7/1/2023 at 5:21 PM, JKSH said:
  • What happens when you click "Self-Test" instead of "Test Panels..."?
  • Have a look at Windows Device Manager. Any error messages related to your chassis?
  • If you still can't find any clues, contact NI tech support

Anyway, I just realized that your 2 machines actually have different hardware. The one that's not working has a USB-9162, not a cDAQ-9171: https://download.ni.com/support/manuals/371568e.pdf

The result of the "Self-Test" is "Theself test completed successfully" but nothing change. Even the reset is successful but than I get the same error. Nothing strange from the device manager, I think:

devicemanager.png.23b020a7b1388bb59faa71e5fad78890.png

You are correct, the chassis in this PC is the NI-9162, while on the others PC the 9171 is used. I totally forgot about it...still, it worked for months without problems. May I ask you how did you found out? I cannot see any clue from the screenshot that I shared in this topic!

Is the reset on MAX the only "reset" available? Should I remove something after uninstall LabVIEW and before a new installation to clen everything and start fresh, hopefully without this error?

2 hours ago, Bruniii said:

You are correct, the chassis in this PC is the NI-9162, while on the others PC the 9171 is used. I totally forgot about it...still, it worked for months without problems. May I ask you how did you found out? I cannot see any clue from the screenshot that I shared in this topic!

Your screenshot showed that it's a "USB-9215A" which, according to https://download.ni.com/support/manuals/371568e.pdf, is a USB-9162 + NI-9215 😀

2 hours ago, Bruniii said:

Is the reset on MAX the only "reset" available? Should I remove something after uninstall LabVIEW and before a new installation to clen everything and start fresh, hopefully without this error?

There is the "Reset NI MAX database"... https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8awSAC Beware, this completely wipes your hardware configuration (e.g. any custom Scales, or custom Channels under "Data Neighborhood") so you'll need to reconfigure them afterwards.

I'm running out of ideas, I'm afraid. The only other things I can think of trying are: Try an older version of DAQmx (only possible if you're not using LabVIEW 2020), or contact NI tech support.