• Similar Content

• By mhsjx
      Hi,
      I'm a beginner in labview, and now test cRIO about two weeks. I still can not solve the problem. I attach my test project for explanation.
      I want to realize that , for example, with time sequence t1, t2, t3, t4,  DO outputs T, F, T, F, AO1 outputs A1, A2, A3, A4, AO2 outputs B1, B2, B3, B4, and the delay of AO1 and AO2 should as small as possible(AO1 and AO2 may comes from difference modules).
      I search in Google, NI forum, and decide to use for loop and loop timer in FPGA.
      The reason as follow:
      1. To realize the specific time interval, I can use Wait and Loop timer. But in "FPGA 0--Test DO.vi", it can't not realize specific time interval by several us's error(maybe large). And to complete once of while loop, it needs 134us. I can't explain that it can realize time interval below 134us, even I acturally realize a delay of 10us, but the input is not acturally 10us, so it's not accurate. 
      And by NI example, I use the Loop timer.
      2. In "FPGA 1--Test DO and AO.vi", I find that the loop timer helps me to realize accurate time interval, however, it ignore the first time interval. Such as, t1, t2, t3, t4, with disired output A1, A2, A3, A4. It goes A1(t2), A2(t3), A3(t4), A4(t1). And in "FPGA 2--Test DO and AO.vi", it has same problem. DO0 and AO1 goes A1(t2), A2(t3), A3(t4), A4(t1). And AO0 is always ahead of DO of t1. 

The people of NI forum advice that I should put AO0 and AO1 into one FPGA/IO node and use SCTL. But up to now, I don't find any example about it(Google or NI forum, maybe it's primary).  Mainly that AO0 and AO1 must go with different timeline, the dimension of input array is different.  Can anyone offer advice for me?
      Thanks
      Test.7z
    • By Aristos Queue
      I've got a tool that searches through a bunch of VIs for stuff. That part was easy. Now I've got an array of GObject refnums, I need to present the results to the user as a list that the user can click on to visit each of the found items. Basically, I want the functionality of the Search Results Dialog Box, but without the search part. The one built into LV has no exposed API. Is there a publicly available replica that someone has built? My Googling around didn't find anything, and I really would prefer not to reinvent that particular wheel if I can avoid it. 
    • By flarn2006
      LabVIEW's built-in XNode editing tools are enabled using a license file, rather than a simple INI toggle. Presumably they do this for stronger discouragement from unofficial use, as hacking one's way past that feels a lot more "shady" than just adding a line to a config file.
      But what about the Linux and Mac versions? They don't have a license manager, so how is XNode development enabled there? One might guess that those features simply aren't compiled into the released builds of those versions, but there is actually precedent to suggest otherwise. VI Scripting used to be similarly restricted using a license, but then they made it public. At the time, LabVIEW didn't have a toggle in the Options for it. But they didn't need to release a patch to add one. Instead, they simply published their formerly-internal license file, and set their activation server to accept requests to activate it. And yet, Linux/Mac users weren't out of luck: it turned out that for them, it actually was just a configuration key.
      The VI Scripting license had the internal name "LabVIEW_Scripting(_PKG)". The Linux/Mac configuration key was "Scripting_LabVIEWInternalTag".
      At 17:48 in this video, several XNode-related configuration keys are shown, likely found in strings in the EXE or resource files. One of them is called "XNodeDevelopment_LabVIEWInternalTag". Guess what the internal name of the XNode Development license is.
      I don't have the Linux/Mac version to test with, but I know a pattern when I see one. The following command was given in the readme for the VI Scripting package for Linux:
      echo -e "labview.Scripting_LabVIEWInternalTag:\tTrue" >> ~/.labviewrc Here are the Mac instructions:

If you have either of those versions, it's probably worth a try: follow those instructions, but replace "Scripting" with "XNodeDevelopment", and see if you can open an XNode in the IDE, or create one from File->New. (Also, in the case of Mac, replace 8.6 with your actual LabVIEW version if necessary.)
      (Here's where I got my information about enabling scripting: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-APIs-Documents/LabVIEW-Scripting/ta-p/3535340?profile.language=en)
    • By Ricardo de Abreu
      Hi guys. This semester I'm starting a course system development for control and automation engineering, witch will be based on LabView. Therefore, my University doesn't have a NI hardware, even a MyRIO for us to test our VI and the teacher said that we should test our projects with our own Arduino...
      So, I have a little experience in Arduino and I know the basics for LabView. Now I'm in a point that I know that with Arduino I'll not take the best from LabView. I cannot even deploy a code to it.
      So, there is where my question comes in...
      I'm looking for a new board better then Arduino to use in the classes. I would buy a MyRIO card if I had the money but in Brazil this board is too expensive for me
       Witch one should I get that is closest to myRIO and less expensive than that? I would like to try de deployment of a VI and FPGA..... Is this possible?
      Thanks a lot for the help!
      Regards
    • By grjgrj
      Hello. I need change some code for SbRIO-9626 with LabVIEW 2018. I have code from LabVIEW 2015. Right now I have only LabVIEW 2018. And I worked with it for SbRIO-9627.
      LabVIEW FPGA, LabVIEW Real-Time, NICRIO1800 driver istalled.
      And I install Xilinx ISE 11.5 Compilation Tool too. 
      When I start compilation FPGA VI I got error about problem with compilation too (see attachment picture).
      Could you tell me how I can solve this problem? 
      It is very important. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.