• Similar Content

• By jdeantx
      With exciting projects in oil and gas, aerospace, utilities, and other industries, Vertical AIT is looking to hire skilled LabVIEW developers and architects in the Houston area. We are an Alliance Partner, and we specialize in embedded development.
      Requirements:
      - US citizenship (required by our contracts)
      - Industry experience in production software development
      - Embedded cRIO development experience (Real-time and FPGA)
      - Certification (CLD, CLA, and/or CLED) preferred
      - Must be meticulous and detail-oriented
      We offer great benefits, and we prioritize a healthy work/life balance.
      Learn more about Vertical AIT at www.VerticalAIT.com, and please send resumes to jobs@verticalait.com.
    • By IpsoFacto
      I've got some weird stuff going on with a cRIO project I'm working on wanted to get some opinions on it. The basic architecture is a set of classes that do some process. That process registers with a server. The internal data of the process is held in a DVR and the server get's access to that DVR. Clients use TCP to ask the server to do something, the server makes a call against the classes DVR and returns a response to the client.
      To simplify the issues I'm seeing I created a class that internally just increments an integer every 500ms. The client asks the server what's the current count, the server asks the Counter class and returns the answer to the client. This works perfectly fine when running the VI in the IDE. When built it connects, will get the JSON message back, but always gets a default value from the DVR call (zero, in this case). As soon as I open a remote debug panel to the cRIO, everything is working. The count is correct, the client calls work, just like normal. As soon as I right-click, close debug, it goes back to zero. Open debug works, close debug, back to zero. I know the DVR isn't getting dropped because the count continues to increment while not in debug, the process is still running happily with no issues.
      Here's a few screenshots of the code;
      Count Class process (get the count, increment, write it back to the DVR) - Counter Class process
      You can see the DVR vi's are actually vim's using a cast. I can't imagine that's the issue.
      Server Side call - Server Side calls
      All this does is get the count from the DVR (same as above) and wraps it in JSON and passes it back to the client as a JSON string.
      I also implemented an Echo class that ignores the process and DVR's, it just takes whatever string you sent form the client to the server and passes it back with a prepended "@echo". This works when running as an executable with the debug turned off so I know the client, server, and the server/class calls are all working as expected.
      Any thoughts here would be welcome, thanks.
      edit: I added the any possible errors coming from the variant cast to the JSON reply. When the debug is open there are no errors, when the debugger is closed it throws error 91, but the in-place element structure reading the DVR does not throw any errors. How can a variant not exist until a debugger is opened and than it magically exists?
      edit: the internal data dictionary is a wrapper around a variant attribute, I wired out the "found?" terminal all the way out to the JSON reply and if the debugger is open the attribute is found, but not if the debugger is closed. Anyone have issues with Variant Attributes in Real-Time?
    • By sup93
      Hi. 
      I would like to have the digital trigger high for user input time in seconds.
      Any help is much appreciated. 
      Data Acquisition Final.zip
    • By Nala
      Hello everybody,

I'm about to write an application that can create a complete new FPGA-Project for the cRIO-system automatically without any user Input.

Before I ask my question directly, I will give you a few Information about the system and how it works at the moment.
      I'm working with a cRIO-system that can have different modules in different slots (max 8). That system should be universally usable which means I can replace one module with another one at the start up and create a complete new project with a different name.

Most of the project works (I can find out in which slots which module is placed and load the right VI's correctly) but there is one point which I really dislike: the user always has to give some input Information at the beginning of the creation and mostly that is the same like "Which type of project it should be" or "Which IP address should be used to find the system and the modules for each slot".

The goal is that I can write down some specific arguments so the program is created automatically?
      Or - if there is no way to do this - a way that a second window is shown on screen to help the user through the creation process (for example that tells the user that the system need to be turned on that the project can find every single module)?

English isn't my mother tongue, so please apologize if there are any mistakes in my spelling.
      Thank you very much for your help
    • By Nala
      Hello everyone,
      I’m not sure which forum is the right one which is why I created two new topics with the same content (one in Embedded and one in VI Scripting) – so sorry for the spamming.

I have two questions:
      How can I generate a cRIO project programmatically?
      How can I start the “Discovering Devices” tool of the Project Wizard automatically?

At first I will describe a bit more what I really want to do:
      I’m about to write an auto coder which should create a complete new FPGA project on my cRIO system without any user input. In the Project Wizard I want to run the “System Setup” from NI standalone. In that mask the NI project need some input like project type which is always a cRIO Embedded System. The next step is to insert an IP address to discover an existing system.
      As those two steps are every time with the same input, I want to give them those parameters so that everything runs automatically.

Is there anybody who can help?

Thanks a lot!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.