liskped

TCP communication with the use of OpenG

Hi.

Im working on this prosjekt where I have a TCP communication between two computers (Server & Klient). I have managed to get communication between those two. (Sending and reciving one cluster.) But I want to send and recive more than one. I looked at det Topic "Passing Cluster and Datatype Through TCP" on how to use the OpenG, but I have a problem with "the Variant to Data". 

What am I doing wrong? Or is there another way to send more data?

The Klient side:

Klient_BD.PNG

Klient_FP.PNG

The Server side: 

Server_BD.PNG

Server_FP.PNG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By David Akinpelu
      I am implementing a TCP connection between MyRio(client) and Python(server). The goal is to send data from the server to the client, perform some calculations, and send the result to the server. I need to keep changing the data being sent to the client. I noticed the first data works fine and the result returned to the server, but the client could not read subsequent data. I debugged and was able to detect that the error is coming from the first read function is the "Reading values subvi"  but I don't know how to correct it. How do I go about it?
      I have attached the files below.
      Reading Unknown Bytes from TCP.vi Second_client.vi SimpleServer.py
    • By Bas de Jong
      Hello, I'm trying to display an animated GIF on the front panel. This gif should be loaded programmatically based on some user event. My google search led me to use the OpenG Read GIF File (Animated)__ogtk.vi file. However, loading a GIF is extremely slow. It takes almost 20 seconds to execute the vi when I load the attached GIF (I found randomly on the internet). Is this normal? And if so, is there a way to load a gif faster? Because I need to load several and I cannot afford to load maybe 2 minutes only for the gifs.

• By Diegodemf
      Hello, I'm trying to send data from my RPI b+ to labview and store the information in a spreadsheet, right now the data I'm using is just a sawtooth generated in the python code but eventually it will be sensor data adquired via spi, the data comes at =~ 6-7khz but the time it takes to send the data to labview is much greater, I fear the circular buffer I intended to use to store the data before sending it via tcp will get filled pretty fast. I'm not very experienced in either python nor Labview, I was wondering if i could get some advice in the optimization of the code.

I attached the VI of the client and a VI that graphs the data on the spreadsheet, also the python code.
      Thanks in advance, sorry for the mess.
      Waveform Grapher.vi
      Client.vi
      serverSerial.py
    • By Fred chen
      Hi

When I call the DLL, there is a structure:
      struct Signal { uint32 nStartBit; uint32 nLen; double nFactor; double nOffset; double nMin; double nMax; double nValue; uint64 nRawValue; bool is_signed; char unit[11]; char strName[66]; char strComment[201]; };  

There is another  Message structure to the above Signal:

struct Message { uint32 nSignalCount; uint32 nID; uint8 nExtend; uint32 nSize; Signal vSignals[513]; char strName[66]; char strComment[201]; }  
        The point is  Signal vSignals[513];

I've tried to solve it like this,but the program will crash.

How to create struct Message ,any good suggestions?  Thanks a lot.

message.vi
    • By Taylorh140
      After working on the set cluster element by name xnode, it made me realize i could use the same concept to convert a variant array to a cluster. The technique is actually pretty simple, the xnode generates a case structure for each element in a cluster in cluster order, wherein a bundle by name is used to set the value and an unbundle by name is used to get the type, a variant to data is used to convert the data. This has some benefits over some methods, you are not limited to 255 elements, although that is not usually the case some of us are paranoid that clusterosaurus giganticous will be larger than expected. It also has a draw back  that is that when converting from a variant array all the elements must have unique, non-blank names, and this is usually the case. 

I think this technique (though very brute-force) might be useful for some other things let me know what you guys think.

VariantArrayToCluster.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.