IMAQ Image to C#

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Billy_G
      Hello, I wrote a LabVIEW program to communicate with a hardware sensor using vendor-provided LLB and a DLL files. The program runs fine on my workstation both from LabVIEW IDE and from a compiled executable. The problem starts when I copy the entire executable folder to a target host without a LabVIEW IDE (only with a runtime engine). The application opens with a broken Run arrow and a "missing external function" error message appears for every function call I made to the DLL (see attached).
      I have tested my application on 5 completely different Windows 10 computers managed by different people. On three of them with various versions of LabVIEW IDE my executable opened with a whole Run arrow and no error message. Two other machines previously had no LabVIEW, so I installed a Runtime Engine 2017f2 32-bit with default settings to match the version of my IDE. Both gave an identical error message.
      The DLL is always included in the application build. I have tried placing the DLL in every conceivable location on the target host: in the executable folder, in the /data folder, in the c:\Windows and system32 folders... I even created a full folder tree matching the location of the project on the developer workstation. Same error. When I intentionally hide the DLL, my executable prompts me to point to it upon being opened, and when I do, I get all the same error messages.
      Vendor documentation only asks to put the two files in the same folder. From programmer's manual: " The driver was written in LabWindows/CVI, version 4.0.1 and is contained in a dynamic link library which can be linked with a variety of programming languages." There is no vendor-provided support.
      One way I actually got rid of the error message was by editing every Call Library Function Node in every VI in the LLB to use relative path to DLL together with the Application Directory VI. However, I feel that there has got to be a better way to compile than by editing a vendor-provided library, especially since it works as-is on some computers. Can anyone suggest what it is?
      Thank you for your time!

• By bartek618
      I know how to run .Net executable by MainWindow() constructor but I have some resources defined in App.xaml and MainWindow() doesn't run without them. How to run application starting with App() constructor? Also I need to pass some parameters into MainWindow().
    • By torekp
      DLL functions or shared variables?  Or something else?
      I have a Labview 2014-64 executable (or I can build a DLL) that runs one piece of equipment, the X-ray.  The other engineer has a large CVI Labwindows 2015 + MS Visual Studio 2012 (C++) executable that runs everything else.  I want the Labview code to be a slave of the CVI code, accepting commands to turn X-ray On or Off, reporting failures, and the like.  Translating the X-ray code into C++ would be possible in principle, but not fun.
      Shared variables look easy, but I'm kinda scared of them.  I would define all the shared variables in my LV code, since I'm more familiar with LV, then use them in both.  There's a thread in here called "Shared Variable Woes" so maybe I should be scared.  In the alternative, I tried building a proof-of-concept DLL in Labview, and calling its functions in CVI/C++, and it works, but it's kinda clunky.  (I'm attaching it below in case you want to play, or advise.)
      Your advice would be appreciated.
      XrayDLL.zip
    • By William Hofmeister
      I need to access Aerotech A3200 data with LabView. The Digital Scope in the A3200 software has the capability to record data at 1kHz for 8 seconds in dedicated batches. We use LabView for all functions surrounding the motion control and have the Aerotech LabView package. Using the LabView vis we can only access data a single data point per call and I don't see how to set up a FIFO to Windows LabView. Someone must have looked at this problem lately. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?  Thanks!!
    • By LogMAN
      So this just happened to me and I'm quite confused by it. As it turns out, the .NET Constructor Node not only provides terminals for error in, error out and the reference, but actually two more "hidden" terminals:

Notice: I left the error terminals untouched and none of the wires are connected (try it yourself). This never occurred to me. Only now, while hunting a null reference exception I found the constructor node looked "off", like this:

The strange part is that the terminal doesn't actually carry the reference (which is why I receive the null exception). It only specifies the type. The upper left terminal is a void type input, so the wire is always broken.
      Does anyone know why these extra terminals exist? They don't seem to be part of the specification as far as I can tell.
      Any fancy things we can do with this?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.