• 2 weeks later...

First check that your host provider does allow external connections to the database server. Almost every webspace provider nowadays lets you choose to install mySQL, (usually as MariaDB now) in your webspace environment so you can implement webstores, blogs and what else on your hosted website. However most do not allow connections to that database from outside the virtual website environment for security reasons.

Once you determined that such external connections are allowed you have to determine which type of database server is used. Besides mySQL (MariaDB), you can also get hosted database servers based on MS-SQL or possibly even Oracle, for some high throughput commercial services, and that will largely influence the possible selection of your interfacing strategy. The SQL Toolkit you so profoundly excluded would support almost all possible servers. Alternatives are LabSQL, which is based on the same ADO interface that the SQL Toolkit uses, or the ADO-Tool.

Depending on the used server you might also get lucky with the mySQL native driver from Saphir.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FixedWire
      Thanks to the nice work of drjdpowell I was able to easily connect & work with PostgreSQL. Did have to use the 32bit included dll's though.
      Now when I try to install & run it on a Win10 IoT machine the dll's are not found and throwing errors. Sorry no screenshot at the moment.
      The 64bit of PostgreSQL is installed on both machines & works.
      The exe of course works just fine on the dev machine.
      Does anyone have any ideas? I'm at a loss at the moment & need to get this running.
      Thanks.
    • By Atul
      Hello Everyone

I am facing some issue while opening database connection using OLE DB as well as in ODBC  also
      Currently i am using Labview 64 bit version and using ADO functions (ActiveX Function) i am getting following error. Check Attachment
      Error -2146824582 occurred at Exception occured in ADODB.Connection: Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed.Help Path is C:\WINDOWS\HELP\ADO270.CHM and context 1240655 in AUTOMATION 64BIT.vi

Any link to similar kind task or tutorial for study are most welcome.
      Thanks.

• By ATE-ENGE
      Background:
      I've been using LabVIEW for a few years for automation testing tasks and until recently have been saving my data to "[DescriptorA]\[DescriptorB]\[test_info].csv" files. A few months ago, a friend turned me on to the concept of relational databases, I've been really impressed by their response times and am reworking my code and following the examples with the Database Connectivity Toolkit (DCT) to use "[test_info].mdb" with my provider being a Microsoft jet oldb database.
      However, I'm beginning to see the limitations of the DCT namely:
      No support for auto-incrementing primary keys No support for foreign keys Difficult to program stored procedures and I'm sure a few more that I don't know yet.
      Now I've switched over to architecting my database in MySQL Workbench. Suffice to say I'm a bit out of my depth and have a few questions that I haven't seen covered in tutorials
       Questions (General):
       Using Microsoft jet oldb I made a connection string "Data Source= C:\[Database]\[databasename.mdb]" in a .UDL file. However, the examples I've seen for connecting to MySQL databases use IP addresses and ports.
      Is a MySQL database still a file? If not, how do I put it on my networked server \\[servername\Database\[file]? If so, what file extensions exist for databases and what is the implication of each extension? I know of .mdb, but are there others I could/should be using (such as .csv's vs .txt's)  My peers, who have more work experience than me but no experience with databases, espouse a 2GB limit on all files (I believe from the era of FAT16 disks). My current oldb database is about 200mB in size so 2GB will likely never happen, but I'm curious:
      Do file size limits still apply to database files? If so, how does one have the giant databases that support major websites?  Questions (LabVIEW Specific):
      I can install my [MainTestingVi.exe], which accesses the jet oldb database, on a Windows 10 computer that is fresh out of the box. When I switch over to having a MySQL database, are there any additional tools that I'll need to install as well? 
    • By lisam
      I am looking to determine the time it takes to insert each batch (500rows) of data into a database, i.e. the loop execution time. See the block diagram below.
      I've place a timer outside the while loop and subtracted it from the timer inside the loop, using shift registers to carry forward the start time. I place the timer in a sequence structure to make sure it starts before the code runs.
      When I used this method on a simple example - a while loop with wait function, the loop execution time returned the wait time as expected. But in the database application, the loop execution time value continues to increase. Where am I going wrong?
      Thanks in advance,
      Lisa

• By SDietrich
      This is a package containing LabVIEW bindings to the client library of the PostgreSQL database server (libpq).

The DLL version 9.3.2 and its dependencies are included in the package. This DLLs are taken out of a binary distribution from the Postgres-Website and are thread-safe (e.g. the call to PQisthreadsafe() returns 1). As of the moment the DLLs are 32bit only.

The VIs are saved in LabVIEW 2009.

So this package works out of the box if you have a 32bit LabVIEW 2009 or higher on any supported Windows operating system.

Because this obviously is a derived work from PostgreSQL it is licensed by the PostgreSQL license.

A few words regarding the documentation: This package is meant for developers who know how to use the libpq. You have to read and understand the excellent documentation for the library. Nonetheless all VIs contain extracts of that documentation as their help text.

What's coming next?
      - adding support for 64bit
      - adding support for Linux (anybody out there to volunteer for testing?)
      - adding support for MAC (anybody out there to volunteer for testing?)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.