piZviZ

Acessing third party tool using LabVIEW

Our client having Scada based exe application (Non LabVIEW exe.).This application gives popup for saving pdf report file,So they need to write name of report every time.They don't have source code of this application.Now, they want to do automation in this. Whenever this application gives pop up for report name  it should be automatically name by external labview application.

How it is possible using ActiveX?How to create ActiveX object for this Scada based exe? or any other ways to do this things are most welcomes .

• Like 1

Great !!!

I am able to get title of active window (Didn't try with client's scada app.).Is it possible to get title of background or hidden window ?

Once popup window comes and I got title of  window ,Can you tell me how to reach string field and enter report name and then press enter?I think it is possible using simulating keyboard.

Thanks ...

• Like 1

Just lots of trial and error.  Even hidden windows have a title, and have a handle (HWND) that can be found.  Some times this can be done by first finding a process ID that is linked to a file on disk.  Then you can get all windows associated with an application, and manipulate that, without needing a window title.  Sorry I don't have any examples of this, it's been years since I had to do something like that.  As for reaching search fields maybe pressing tab a set number of times will get you there, or using simulated mouse clicks.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Gab
      Hello,
      Is it possble to put signatureline into excel footer using Active X ?
    • By Christian Butcher
      Firstly, I'm reposting from the NI Forums here: Programatically reinsert an ActiveX Container
      TL;DR: My goal is to programmatically carry out whatever happens when I right click on an ActiveX container and choose the option 'Insert ActiveX Object...'. Ideally, I would like to avoid using VI Scripting to do this, but I haven't gotten anywhere so far and so really any solution will be a step forwards.
      My most recent attempt (I'm using NI's Actor Framework) has been to place the ActiveX container on an Actor Core panel, then use Pre-Launch Init to open a Static VI Reference, and resize the front panel, with the container set to scale with the front panel. This doesn't work, because the static reference doesn't refer to the same thing that the AF then opens using the Launch Actor VI, but ignoring that problem, it also doesn't help with resizing the container.
      Previously, I manually resized the container, but this I could only do after it was in existence, and so the object was already inserted.
      My current observation seems to be that after I choose the ActiveX object to insert, there is little/nothing I can do to change the size of the object (I can change the container, but this doesn't do anything to the object - probably the object isn't very friendly-ly coded, but I can't do anything about that...). Consequently, I come back to my goal, which is to call some Invoke Node or similar, to 'Insert ActiveX Object...'.
      Is there some way to do this? I don't intend to do it often, so long execution times, recompilation of VIs, shooting a cow over the moon are all fine if needed.
    • By peter_flores
      Hello world!
      I am having a very strange issue controlling MS Excel through ActiveX from LabVIEW. I feel like it is likely not a rare task yet I find little to no helpful documentation from the MS side or NI side :/ I am a CLD and am working this project with a CLA and it has cost us over 40 hours of painstaking troubleshooting so far! I hope you can help. Here it goes...
      I am using the following setup: Windows 7 Pro LabVIEW 2015 SP1 Office 2016   I have created a simple LV class to create excel reports which works without an issue on my computer. The problem occurs when I run the code on another PC - Excel crashes ("2016-12-06_1125") and needs to restart, and usually then feeds an error back to LabVIEW("2016-12-06_1152"). This crash is asynchronous to the LabVIEW calls, meaning that a different VI will report the error each time. The problem occurs in Dev Environment and as an EXE.   I have been developing and validating on these two separate systems during the last 3 months of building this project without an issue. The only difference between systems has arisen with the Excel automation. I have now run the project on 5 or 6 machines where 2 exhibit the problem repeatedly. On the rest, I have seen the behavior, but remedy it by updating the ActiveX reference as described below.     Other systems: Works: Win 7, LabVIEW 2015 SP1, Office 2013, .NET 4.6.1;           Win 10, Office 2016, LabVIEW 2015 SP1, .NET 4.6.2 Does not work: Win 10 (.NET 4.6.2), LabVIEW 2015 SP1, Office 2016;     Win 10, LabVIEW 2015 SP1, .NET 4.6.1, Office 2016   "Version 1.3"   A strange behavior that must be related, but I have not been able to exactly correlate it with good or bad behavior is shown in the other two screenshots attached. "Version 1.9" shows the .NET library that should be selected. Occasionally, this appears as shown in "Version 1.3", which looks like garbage - it is hard to tell what library that eve is supposed to be and why it would switch on it's own. We have tried setting this as a constant, control, typedef, with no luck in locking it down and keeping the "Version 1.3" behavior at bay.   Related Post? In doing a lot of googling and research, I have not seen much info on this. Though this post looks like it is describing a similar behavior, though not exactly the same.    Thank you in advance for your help! This is holding up delivery of a $50k LabVIEW job that is scheduled to be delivered by Dec 15 and is looking unlikely because of this bug/anomaly, please help! (you know, the last 10% rule, ahhhh!)  

• By Erbin
      Hi guys,
      I want to use Vi to format convertion, that .mht to .xlsx of Excel, or .html to .xlsx of Excel, Input path of file, output path of .xlsx.
      I try to  find active X to realize the target, but I can not find.
      I don't know what to do.
    • By Voklaif
      Hello all,
      I am looking for a way to find controls on an executable LV program. 
      I need this function because I want to automate a series of tests (user mouse clicks for example) on an executable LV program.
      The normal tools who does it with windows objects are not able to recognize LV controls individually.
      My idea is to find a way to recognize LV controls so I can interact with them individually.
      If anyone knows any third party programs to do automation tests for a LV exe that would also be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
      Vlad

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.