Our client having Scada based exe application (Non LabVIEW exe.).This application gives popup for saving pdf report file,So they need to write name of report every time.They don't have source code of this application.Now, they want to do automation in this. Whenever this application gives pop up for report name it should be automatically name by external labview application.
How it is possible using ActiveX?How to create ActiveX object for this Scada based exe? or any other ways to do this things are most welcomes .
I am having a very strange issue controlling MS Excel through ActiveX from LabVIEW. I feel like it is likely not a rare task yet I find little to no helpful documentation from the MS side or NI side :/ I am a CLD and am working this project with a CLA and it has cost us over 40 hours of painstaking troubleshooting so far! I hope you can help. Here it goes...
I am using the following setup: Windows 7 Pro LabVIEW 2015 SP1 Office 2016 I have created a simple LV class to create excel reports which works without an issue on my computer. The problem occurs when I run the code on another PC - Excel crashes ("2016-12-06_1125") and needs to restart, and usually then feeds an error back to LabVIEW("2016-12-06_1152"). This crash is asynchronous to the LabVIEW calls, meaning that a different VI will report the error each time. The problem occurs in Dev Environment and as an EXE. I have been developing and validating on these two separate systems during the last 3 months of building this project without an issue. The only difference between systems has arisen with the Excel automation. I have now run the project on 5 or 6 machines where 2 exhibit the problem repeatedly. On the rest, I have seen the behavior, but remedy it by updating the ActiveX reference as described below. Other systems: Works: Win 7, LabVIEW 2015 SP1, Office 2013, .NET 4.6.1; Win 10, Office 2016, LabVIEW 2015 SP1, .NET 4.6.2 Does not work: Win 10 (.NET 4.6.2), LabVIEW 2015 SP1, Office 2016; Win 10, LabVIEW 2015 SP1, .NET 4.6.1, Office 2016 "Version 1.3" A strange behavior that must be related, but I have not been able to exactly correlate it with good or bad behavior is shown in the other two screenshots attached. "Version 1.9" shows the .NET library that should be selected. Occasionally, this appears as shown in "Version 1.3", which looks like garbage - it is hard to tell what library that eve is supposed to be and why it would switch on it's own. We have tried setting this as a constant, control, typedef, with no luck in locking it down and keeping the "Version 1.3" behavior at bay. Related Post? In doing a lot of googling and research, I have not seen much info on this. Though this post looks like it is describing a similar behavior, though not exactly the same. Thank you in advance for your help! This is holding up delivery of a $50k LabVIEW job that is scheduled to be delivered by Dec 15 and is looking unlikely because of this bug/anomaly, please help! (you know, the last 10% rule, ahhhh!)
Now that it looks like Microsoft deprecated ActveX Automation interface in Excel 2016, the only other interface left is .NET interop assemblies. I have tried to reproduce Excel - Write Table.vi using .NET instead of ActiveX. The result of the effort is attached. There is a big problem though: The Range.value2 property could take 'anything' without a problem when using ActiveX (it was taking any variant)! But now it wants a .NET object. And the 'To .NET Object.vi' doesn't accept a 2D array of variants! So, say getting a recordset from a database (which is returned as a 2d array of variants) and then writing it, as it is, to a new Excel workbook is no longer possible as far as I understand. This is really sad. A 2D Table of strings or doubles is still OK. So, if you need to use those, you can with the attached code
Write Table to Excel with DotNET.vi