khmlv

Error:Missing DAQmx VIs in EXE running on development PC

Dear Sir,

We have built an exe which has DAQmx and other sub VIs included in the dependencies automatically. The EXE builds successfully.

However, when we run the exe on the development PC, it gives an error saying DAQmx VIs and Read delimited spreadsheet VI missing. Pls find attc. screenshot for error.

Kindly help us to resolve the problem.

Thanks,

Regards,

khmlv.

DAQ-MX Missing VI Errors.jpg

Is this EXE ran on the same exact PC that the EXE was made on?  Because that doesn't seem right if it is.  I'd suggest doing a repair install of DAQmx and see if it resolves it.  Even so the best course of action when making an EXE is to also make an installer.  This is because when making the installer you can choose to include all the external NI dependencies like DAQmx, VISA, NI-DMM, NI-XNet, etc.  In newer versions of LabVIEW it can detect what installers it needs to include and select them by default.  Then you can take this one installer (which might be a bit big) and install it on any computer which has no previous NI software, and your application should run.

Dear All,

Yes. This exe runs on same PC on which it was made. We also tried repairing and making installer before running. however it dosent work.

We have attached a zip file of sample project made in Labview 2015 64 bit which gives DAQmx ,Read/Write delimted and report generation related errors as mentioned above in the exe (which is run on development PC). However, the VIs run in development mode without errors.

Kindly store the project in C Drive to run VIs without modifications.

There are 3 screens in this project. We have tested running Project VIs with following conditions:

Condition1-  Start-up VI: Screen 1 

A button on the screen1 opens Screen 2. Similarly, Screen 3 opens with button on Screen 2.When Screen 3 opens,which has DAQmx ,Read/Write Delimited VIs and report generation VIs, it gives missing VIs error in exe(broken arrow).

Condition2-  Start-up VI: Screen 3

On start-up, Screen 3 VI runs without error. However, when we go to screen 2 and back to screen 3, it gives missing VIs error in for screen 3 in exe(broken arrow) for DAQmx ,Read/Write Delimited VIs and report generation.

We find this very strange.

Please help us find some solution.

Thanks.

Pump_Test_Bench_Project.zip

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By David_L
      Hey all,
      (Cross-post from ni.com forums)
      We have a LabVIEW application, which has a LabVIEW-based Installer.  This LabVIEW installer is called from within another Inno installer (since our main Inno installer pulls together multiple components, most of them not LabVIEW).  Whenever this Inno installer ends, it always asks the user to restart their PC, even if the LabVIEW installer was cancelled.
      I narrowed it down, and it's reproducible with only the LabVIEW installer, so it's definitely LabVIEW installer's fault.  According to Inno's help documentation, "if a program executed in the [Run] section queues files to be replaced on the next reboot (by calling MoveFileEx or by modifying wininit.ini), Setup will detect this and prompt the user to restart the computer at the end of installation."  However, as stated above, this dialog is triggered even if the LabVIEW installer was cancelled and wrote no files.
      Now, the above linked documentation refers to a flag I can put in my installer script to ignore this restart dialog, but it's a global flag, and I would like my other installers to still make use of this handy restart dialog if necessary. Unfortunately it seems LabVIEW installers trigger this even if not actually necessary.
      Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas how to make my LabVIEW installer NOT muck around with the MoveFileEx or wininit.ini stuff if/when it's not actually needed?  Attached is a LabVIEW project and Inno Installer script which easily reproduces the problem.  To reproduce:
      Extract the attached .zip Open test.iss in Inno Setup and click the "Run" button Alternately, just run the built installer under "\Output\test_inno_installer_9.99.0.0.exe" Click Next on 'Select Components' dialog Click Install on 'Ready to Install' dialog When LabVIEW installer pops up click Cancel, then yes (you're sure) See the Restart dialog Thanks!
      David_L
      InnoLabVIEWBug.zip
    • By DARTHWOD
      Hi Friends,
      I am facing issue in labview programming. My vi read csv file in a folder and plot it in waveform graph. Initially i have twenty csv file in that folder, while runnning my vi some more csv files will be added to that folder. The problem is only twenty csv file initially placed got read, later added csv files were not read by labview. 
      Condition: Once my vi starts running, the files will be automatically added to that folder. Because i am running an experiment which stores data in the form of csv file to that folder. How to keep on read the csv files continuosly while my experiments stores series of csv files.

• By daoudi
      Hi,

Can I put a vi labview application on a web server on html 5 for exemple?

if we can do that, it can be done just in local network(with several machines TCP/IP) or can be connected with a web server ?

Thank you 

• By John2787
      Reposting this here in an effort to gain some traction because it's absolutely killing me. 
      I'm trying to build a standalone .exe with a VI that contains a Scilab script using the Scilab gateway. On the actual program I created I get an error message stating that the front panel cannot be loaded on the SubVI that contains the Scilab script node. If I delete the node the program runs fine. 
      I decided to create a very basic VI containing a Scilab script to troubleshoot, and I get the following error: "This VI is not executable, The full development version of Labview is required to fix the errors". I don't understand this at all, since I do have the full development version of labview. Also, the code runs fine as a native VI, and this error is occuring on my development machine, so all required files should already be in the correct locations. Additionally, I've added "ScriptScilab.dll" as an always included source file and it's in the correct folder for the runtime engine. In fact, I've tried it in multiple different locations (app data directory, app root directory, LV2017 root directory, etc...) and still nothing. 
      What am I missing here? .Zip of may sample application attached. 
      My Application.zip
    • By Rob Calhoun
      Hi LAVA-ers,
      I'm finally implementing a long-delayed transition from our homebrew LabView build system to Jenkins.
      The best build-step option (for Jenkins under Windows) seems to be "Execute Windows batch command". My batch command looks like this:
      pushd "directory-containing-lvproj" echo "Running LabVIEW build process..." start "bogustitle" /wait "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\LabVIEW.exe" "Build.lvproj" "BuildJenkinsProject.vi" echo "complete, errorlevel %ERRORLEVEL%" popd where BuildJenkinsProject.vi is set to run when opened. BuildJenkinsProject.vi reads some environment variables set by Jenkins, sets up the builds (multiple EXEs and installers defined in a different lvproj) builds away.
      But my builds take a while, and I'd like to see the output from my logging system inside Jenkins while the build is in progress. Some Googling turned up these posts re: sending output to stdout from LabVIEW:
      https://lavag.org/topic/13486-printing-to-the-standard-output/
      https://lavag.org/topic/11719-running-a-labview-exe-from-the-console/
      I'm running LV 2017 64-bit, and none of the existing examples were handling 64-bit HANDLEs correctly, so I wrote a new version. This version uses only WinAPI calls (vs WinAPI + .NET), fixes some bugs, and it stateless, so you can call it anywhere in your code. Even when flushing the buffer after every write (which some on the Internet claim is necessary to get real-time log output; I am skeptical) it is plenty fast, around 10,000 lines per second. Since jdunham had previous written a fancy object-oriented logging system, I subclassed our logging system to write to stdout as well as the regular log. When I build from cmd.exe using the above batch file, it all works as intended.
      My problem: when Jenkins runs my batch file, I get something rather less exciting: nothing!
      E:\Jenkins\workspace>labview\Build\BuildJenkinsProject.bat E:\Jenkins\workspace>pushd "labview\Source\Build\" E:\Jenkins\workspace\labview\Source\Build>echo "Running LabVIEW build process..." "Running LabVIEW build process..." E:\Jenkins\workspace\labview\Source\Build>start "bogustitle" /wait "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\LabVIEW.exe" "Build.lvproj" "BuildJenkinsProject.vi" E:\Jenkins\workspace\labview\Source\Build>echo "complete, errorlevel 0" "complete, errorlevel 0" Not a big deal since I have my regular log files, but having gotten this far it would be nice for Jenkins to show work-in-progress. Any ideas? In the meantime, here is a stdout writer. (Released under MIT License, copy away.)
      -Rob Calhoun

Attached: stdout writer function for LabVIEW 2017, and save-as-previous to LabVIEW 2012.
      WinAPI Write to StdOut Folder.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.