LabVIEW NXG 2.1 - how practical for serious usage?

The only thing I've used in a real project is the WebVI features.  I create webVIs that get data from current gen LabVIEW programs and this seems to work well enough.  So database query, test status, type of information that just gets displayed as a web page.  Could it be done in something else?  Of course but I like G and I'm good at it.  These web based projects are working and deployed.  As for full real test applications fully written in NXG, it doesn't seem like something I'll try for a while since feature parity won't come for a while.

All my opinion but when I've talked to customers about it I've only so far suggested using NXG for exactly what hooovahh is using (although I think even WebVIs are missing some pretty important features).

I've mostly been living in the embedded space so it hasn't really been a question I've had to ask myself though. It seems to be marketed that "eventually" NXG will be the norm so I'm trying to keep my eye out for some smaller tools that I would normally just make in LabVIEW so I can at least become more familiar with NXG. There are some things missing like DVRs and Sub Panels which would be nice and even some of the implemented features seem to have some asterisks after them (thinking of OOP and VI Server) and for me, it all kind of adds up to being not quite ready for any large scale, professional application releases. I'm also hoping scripting functionality will come out sooner rather than later because I think the tooling is going to push so many things further back (no one is going to do AF without a message maker).

Things seem stable enough as long as you don't install beta versions of software on your dev machine. NXG 1.0 had giant warning signs to not do that but I guess the signs got smaller because a lot of issues with NXG that I have seen get traced back to having beta software and then trying to put the released version over that.