labview application on a web server !?

Hi,

Can I put a vi labview application on a web server on html 5 for exemple?

if we can do that, it can be done just in local network(with several machines TCP/IP) or can be connected with a web server ?

Thank you 

Edited by daoudi

Yes I've done this but there are considerations for sure.  I don't know if this is a hard requirement but the server likely needs to be running Windows, and you need full access to it for installing things like the LabVIEW run-time engine.  The VI that is running is what needs to be running on that server, and using the code Thomas linked to you'll basically be pushing the front panel to a webpage.  This means that everyone that views that page will be seeing the same VI's front panel.

Now if NI were here they would likely say something about NXG and the WebVI technology.  This allows for compiling a VI into a webpage running JavaScript.  Now each client will be running this page in the sandboxed browser and will have their own view.  This also can be put on a webserver and works pretty well within the limitations of NXG, which are numerous at the moment.  A major benefit of this design however is that it can likely run on any modern webserver and beyond what comes with XAMPP you don't need anything else.