• Similar Content

• By Óscar Gómez
      In a few days my team and me will start a project and I'm a little anxious because I've never work with PXI Systems... If anyone want to tell me a tip, recommendation or something about your experience with this systems, you'll welcome. I'm one of the developers in the crew!.
      I've experience with cRIO and cDAQ.
      OG

• By ASalcedo
      I would like to know if there is a parameter in line scan camera which allow me to control time trigger along NI MAX or labview with imaqdx.
      I mean, I would like to triggering camera during 100ms which specific shutter and specific line/sec.
      And if I change shutter or line/sec the time trigger keep being the same (100ms)
      I don't know if this is possible with some parameter of line scan camera.
      Thanks a lot.
    • By ASalcedo
      Hello to all.
      I am using NI MAX to get images from a camera (snao mode and hardware trigger).
      The camera is a basler 1300-30gm.
      The problem is the next:
      My camera snaps 4 images (1 image each 40ms).
      In pylon viewer (camera oficcial software) I can see the four images correctly.
      The problem is that when I am trying to see the 4 images in NI MAX sometime the camera can not take the 4th image... like there is no time to take the 4 image (or process it to visualize in NI MAX).
      So maybe there is a configuration parameter in NI MAX to solve this.
      Any ideas? How can I solve it?
      I set up package size to 8000. Maybe package size is the problem?
      Thanks a lot.

• By danren924
      I have an AIT MIL-STD-1553 PXI card, and I am trying to control it using LabVIEW. The card shows up in MAX, and a Test Panel is able to communicate with it, as shown in the attached images. Further, if I open a VISA session with the instrument, it seems to be okay. (I have only tried doing a VISA Open and VISA Close, resulting in no error. Since I don't know any other VISA commands to this instrument, and since it does not seem to speak SCPI, I have been limited to simply opening and closing the VISA session.) However, when I try to do a simple Initialize using the AIT LabVIEW vis, I get an error code -1, stating that there is "No Hardware Found". This simple vi is shown in the other attachment. I have also tried different "network path in", and "board index in" values, without success. Any time I change the network path in to anything but "local", I get an error code -5, stating that "Remote network connection not supported by this hardware".
      I have verified that the latest AIT firmware is loaded on the card. I'm running the AIT LabVIEW vilib components, and LabVIEW 2015.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks.
      Dan

• By Manudelavega
      Hi,

My company has been developing and maintaining its own SCADA software in LabVIEW for a few years. It is fairly comprehensive: datalogging, graphing, alarm monitoring, automation, loops for equations and PIDs, and so on. It is a PC-based solution and communicates with many different kinds of hardware through the COM(RS232), USB, and Ethernet ports of the PC. This solution works well and allows keeping the costs low for most of our customers. Most of the loops run around 10Hz (100ms).

However, more and more we are running into customer specifications that require high control rate (few milliseconds), high determinism (to the millisecond), and high reliability. Not surprisingly, the PC solution becomes unacceptable. We feel it is time to look into a real-time, embedded solution for those customers. That's why I'm currently investigating the different NI embedded RT solutions (namely PXI and cRIO).

I can find plenty of resources on each of them, but close to nothing when it comes to comparing the 2 solutions and choosing which one to go with. Would you mind giving me some guidance? I guess you'll need more information, which I'll be happy to provide.

A few elements already:
      - There is no request for MHz loops, so the FPGA side of the cRIO is not required I believe
      - Our application contains many VIs that are both the engine and the HMI, so there will be some decoupling effort if we need to split it into an HMI application on the PC and an RT application on the cRIO. Would a PXI solution avoid this issue by plugging a monitor directly to the display port of the controller? But then if I have all the code in the PXI controller, is it likely that I will lose my control rate and determinism?

Thanks!
      Emmanuel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.