NI's New Software Subscription Model

hooovahh

38 minutes ago, FixedWire said:

I've got a client that is being haunted with this as well. It's right up there with sand into the gearbox.

It took me a handful of calls before I found one person who was willing to take up the case. It's been such a long time since I got some really helpful support from NI that I am starting to believe in a miracle (I forgot to mention that I was provided temporary activation codes for the different computers and software packages I needed to work. Those expire in a couple of weeks, so I may end up with a complete meltdown again). If that guys quits on me or is fired, I am afraid I am running out of options. I guess what saves NI from having my university on their neck is that no-one is pretty much using LabVIEW anymore?

Meanwhile NI is offering $100 for 1-on-1 Teams calls for users to help them improve their docs and publishes a roadmap with two columns: soon and later. The ambition is bursting at the seams...

• 2 weeks later...

I would find this related post kinda funny: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/how-to-associate-a-license-with-my-NI-account/td-p/4256133 if a colleague of mine had not reported the exact same problem of a suddenly expiring permanent license (for the 2021 Vision Development runtime).

The response she got was "they are refusing to reactivate it or even explain why it was deactivated in the first place".

It looks like a class action lawsuit in the making. Any lawyers reading this?

Edited by X___
  • 2 months later...