Download link for OpenG library compatible with LabVIEW 7.1

Hi,

In one of the old LabVIEW 7.1 project we found some openG VI's (oglib_lvdata-2.2-1,oglib_error-2.0-1,oglib_lvdata-2.2-1,oglib_lvdata-2.2-1). We need the full library of the package. Please share if there is any link to download the corresponding version of OpenG library & License agreement link for that package.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar.B

• Like 1

Hi @KumarB

VIPM will let you download older versions of packages.

Here's what you may need to do:

- In VIPM's options dialog uncheck the option to only show installable packages -- this will show all packages, even if they cannot be installed into the current LabVIEW version

- In VIPM's package list file the package of interest and then right-click and choose Download Other version.

- After downloading, you can find the package file in the C:\ProgramData\JKI\VIPM\cache folder

- You can either install it with VIPM or change the file extension from .ogp to .zip and extract the contents.

Regards,

-Jim

1 hour ago, dadreamer said:

Actually, your earlier screenshot shows https://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/lgpl-2.1.en.html (or, if you prefer reading something shorter: https://tldrlegal.com/license/gnu-lesser-general-public-license-v2.1-(lgpl-2.1))

If I recall correctly though, other parts of OpenG are available under the BSD-3 license: https://opensource.org/licenses/BSD-3-Clause

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

We have verified license Type  in VIPM for  old and new libraries of OPENG and it is showing different License Types.

oglib_error v2.0-1 by OpenG.org
License: LGPL

OpenG Error Library v4.2.0.23 by OpenG.org
License: BSD-3-Clause

Can you please tell me Is there any legal problem for  use oglib_error v2.0-1  as it is LGPL License Type?

2 hours ago, Krishna16 said:

Can you please tell me Is there any legal problem for  use oglib_error v2.0-1  as it is LGPL License Type?

This is not the right place to ask for legal advice. You should read the license terms and check with your legal department.

Here is a link to the full license text for version 2.1 of the license: GNU Lesser General Public License v2.1 | Choose a License

Thanks for sharing info LogMAN. Sorry for bringing this question in this platform.

Can you please share me the link where we can see License Type for  oglib_error v2.0-1  and oglib_lvdata-2.2-1 libraries.

I know we can see in VIPM but I need a link that shows License Type. As I see from VIPM it always showing  latest version of link only.

Edited by Krishna16
8 hours ago, Krishna16 said:

Can you please share me the link where we can see License Type for  oglib_error v2.0-1  and oglib_lvdata-2.2-1 libraries.

I know we can see in VIPM but I need a link that shows License Type. As I see from VIPM it always showing  latest version of link only.

If you right click a package you can select Get Info Other Version, then select the version you want.  I picked the String and it has version 2.0-1 which supports LabVIEW versions 6.0 and newer and lists the license as LGPL.  This license information is embedded in the spec file, in the package file which is downloaded in the cache folder.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Krishna16 said:

Thanks for sharing info LogMAN. Sorry for bringing this question in this platform.

Basically all OpenG libraries before version 4.0 were LGPL licensed. With 4.0 the license for the VI part was changed to be BSD-3. The libraries which use a shared library/DLL have different licenses for the shared library and the VIs. The shared library remained LGPL which should not be a problem as long as you post a link to the OpenG project. For libraries version 4.0 and higher this is the git link mentioned by Jim, for older libraries this is the sourceforge link.