Hello

Q^Q

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Welcome aboard Bob, so what type of "fire" have you been thrown into, what are you using LabVIEW for?

Good luck!

I will be involved with modular component testing for a Large Scale Enterprise System. The project requires persistent and complete testing documentation as well as reusable test configurations. And it has been determined that the tests will relay heavily on LabView.

So here I am. Trying to get educated!

The project requires persistent and complete testing documentation as well as reusable test configurations. And it has been determined that the tests will relay heavily on LabView.

I don't know enough about your project, but if it's going along the lines that I think it is, please please please consider using TestStand.

<soapbox> Every integrator that I've ever worked for has attempted to implement a test execution application/utility, and each of them has failed with a lot of money and time wasted... </soapbox>

I don't know enough about your project, but if it's going along the lines that I think it is, please please please consider using TestStand.

<soapbox> Every integrator that I've ever worked for has attempted to implement a test execution application/utility, and each of them has failed with a lot of money and time wasted... </soapbox>

So now comes the Inevitable.........is there a TSAVA forum somewhere? HAHAHA

Hello, everyone. My name is Rob and I am a Systems Engineer at VI Engineering, along with several other of the posters here. I've been working with LabVIEW for almost 11 years (starting at version 3.x, which I happily remember nothing about.) I'm new to LAVA, and will do what I can to contribute to the community. Thanks for being here.

Like TobyS, crelf is my boss. I am not above sucking up to him every chance I get. Unfortunately, I misunderstand the concept of "sucking up", so it will mostly be mocking. I must say, I threw up a little bit when I saw all the positive comments about my boss. (He's actually a good guy. Hopefully he doesn't read this.)

Now regarding JKI and VIE;

If Y'all are tring to throw a scare into the rest of us....

its working. :o

We're not trying scare anyone (or rule the LabVIEW world). It's my life ambition to change the LabVIEW world (one VI at time). If you're scared by what you see, now, then hold onto your seat -- there's a lot more exciting stuff coming ;)

Are you looking to change that?

It's actually my life ambition to

..................devil-smiley-029.gif.................

RULE THE LabVIEW WORLD!

Would definitely seriously consider it if it wasn't so derned cold up there. I don't think I could convince my wife to move to MI. We've lived in upstate PA, but since she's been spoiled by southern Cali and Virginia weather.

Plus, your link says your positions are filled and I'm not quite sure if I have what one might consider a "superstar resum

Hey everyone.

Just started programming with LabView. I used to program in C and VB. I'm finding LabView to be both easy and hard. There is alot of hidden functionality due to it's ability to do so much for you. Also, I am finding that the block diagram layout gets really complicated fast. But it's alot of fun to quickly throw together programs this powerful so easily.