The 5th dimension

alfa

QUOTE(AnalogKid2DigitalMan @ Mar 19 2007, 04:22 PM)

Hey I missed that one... The daily NASA image is my starting page at work nowadays...

It's a pity that on the Lost in space movie they had to remove the colour dimension to be able to view the 5th dimension on our 2D (+time) screen. Hmm, the beer-men were also black and white... What's the pattern here ?

Joris

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a fragment of what President Bush said yesterday, on Prostitution Day:

My fellow Americans, Viva Prostitution.

97.73 of you are at animal level, that’s why I am your president.

Dick Chenney went in Romania for a hunting party with the US ambassador; this ambassador is a very dangerous man; he likes hunting from his car. That’s why I sent him 5000 miles from the White House, to be safe here at home.

If you don’t borrow money from banks, we the politicians will do it for you and you’ll be in a huge debt for generations.

The world is in very bad shape:

My friend president Putin worked as a prostitute; he showed me his certificate.

In France for the president, the people have to choose between a whore and a prostitute.

We are the children of Genghis Khan and Marie Magdalene.

Dan Brown said Marie Magdalene had children with Jesus.

What is amazing Marie Magdalene had children in the same time with Jesus and Genghis Khan; C.G. Jung and Deepak Chopra said this is Synchronicity.

QUOTE(alfa @ Apr 2 2007, 07:55 AM)

Here is a fragment of what President Bush said yesterday, on Prostitution Day:

I think I missed that speech.

We are the children of Genghis Khan and Marie Magdalene.

That would seem a bit of an historical stretch, wouldn't it, when you consider that Khan was born more than a 1000 years later.

QUOTE(crelf @ Apr 2 2007, 02:09 PM)

:D

I've got a bunch of come-backs, but none of them are witty enough...

Lacking something witty, how about something controversial.

I was watching a report on Georges visit to Walter Reade (sp?) and durring the tour they showed him that the recouperating service members have access to the web and I am convinced he said "It's nice to see they have access to Mac's.".

I know how Urs would feel about this but this raises the question "Does being a Mac user put you the 97.73% group?

Ben

QUOTE(crelf @ Apr 3 2007, 06:57 PM)

Nicely done :thumbup:

Try as I may to pull the conversation up out of the muck and mire.... Well if you can't beat them join them.

This reminds of the time I was drinking beer with a Nazi in the 5th dimension when my G-string theory broke. I quickly reached fro ctrl-z to invoke a nearby worm hole but a concurrent rush by the 97.73% other that had stoped in from the 6th dimension (for a beer of course) resulted in me hitting ctrl-s and the next thing you know a jack-booted type was demanding I produce my papers or else subject myself to an immediate re-certification process. I tried to ctrl-r but it was too late.

It was not a good day.

Ben

QUOTE(alfa @ Apr 10 2007, 12:01 PM)

I'm reading now the String Theory and I have to learn a lot of math too (differential geometry…). I recommend it to everybody who likes quantum mechanics and math.

Isn't this a little off topic? There are more than five dimensions in every "dialect" of string theory :D