LabVIEW 8.2.1

Well, I've been told that LabVIEW 8.2.1 has been officially released. At the same time though, it does not appear to be located anywhere on ni's website. Anyone on here have the patch floating around or know when ni plans to make it available thru their website?

Thanks,

Dave Graybeal

As far as I know LV 8.2.1 just bring Vista's support I heard once that it could also bring some bug correction but I didn't get this information from NI so...

The only part on NI web site I found is not really related to 8.2.1, but more to Vista's support.

http://www.ni.com/vista/

Next "major" release should come by the end of the year, 8.5.

Hope this helps

QUOTE(TiT @ Apr 5 2007, 09:25 AM)

Well, I can guess that from the fact that there is nothing about 8.2.1 on NI web site, but can you tell us if it will include bug fixes ?

And maybe give a list :shifty:

Well...I can't tell you when 8.2.1 will be generally available but I would be very surprised if it did not contain bug fixes. I would also be very surprised if a list of fixed bugs weren't included in a readme or something. ;)

QUOTE(JohnRH @ Apr 6 2007, 09:01 AM)

I noticed that the LV Runtime engine that is included with NI-VISA 4.1, claims to be version 8.2.1. (NI-VISA 4.1 is available for download)

Could this be correct?

Could be. Somehow I have a 8.2.1 LV runtime engine on my system. NI thought maybe it came from DAQmx8.5. But I did install VISA 4.1. Maybe that's where it came from.

George

QUOTE(PJM_labview @ Apr 6 2007, 09:47 AM)

I agree. This is wonderful.

Sure, it's a long list of bugs. Yes, it means that there are lot's of bugs in 8.2.0. But, it means that NI is dedicated to creating an environment (and relationship with its customers) that promotes high-quality software, rather than an environment that promotes brushing bugs under the rug. I commend NI for its commitment to improving LabVIEW.

Kudos,

QUOTE(PJM_labview @ Apr 5 2007, 09:50 PM)

A side Note: To have both the user name and the user serial number on the envelop does not seem to be the most secure thing to do...

We're raising this issue with the appropriate group.

CITATION(Jim Kring @ Apr 6 2007, 07:06 PM)

I agree. This is wonderful.

Sure, it's a long list of bugs. Yes, it means that there are lot's of bugs in 8.2.0. But, it means that NI is dedicated to creating an environment (and relationship with its customers) that promotes high-quality software, rather than an environment that promotes brushing bugs under the rug. I commend NI for its commitment to improving LabVIEW.

Kudos,

Indeed great to have a list of the bug fixes with CAR number !

Thank NI !

QUOTE(BrokenArrow @ Apr 10 2007, 03:45 AM)

With THAT many bug fixes, they should have called it 8.3

I want to have maintenance releases that have no new features but have a lot of bug fixes to make the present features stable. Version number 8.2.1 indicates exactly this as 8.3 would indicate also inclusion of some new features.

Tomi

I think I am going to especially appreciate these fixes

"41ICLC00 Fixed an issue where the File»Apply Changes menu item in the Control Editor window might fail for nested type definitions. "

41SEH2R0 Fixed an issue with the Unbundle By Name function where the outputs shift and return the wrong elements if you expand the input cluster and add an element to the beginning of the cluster.

These were driving me nuts.

Thanks NI :)

• 3 weeks later...