Coffe table interface

QUOTE(ohiofudu @ May 30 2007, 11:15 AM)

jpdrolet,

Are you sure http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4217348.html' target="_blank">this!!!!can be done with LabVIEW??from the presentation this is a very new Technology.

I will wait and see what you found out.

That movie from that link never comes up for me. Could someone post a screen-shot please?

Ben

The multi-touch will be nice when we get it in LabVIEW. I am currently experimenting with an ELO SAW touchscreen editing LabVIEW 8.2.1 and getting decent results with the right type of stylus tips. Fingers are a bit clumsy at current resolutions, a stylus tip is much more precise and therefore faster. But I can see where with multi-touch you could use one hand to do a local zoom around your node/terminal, and complete a wiring operation at the same time with the other hand, then release/snap back the zoom to normal and end up with a faster editing workflow than using a mouse. I think/compose/architect better with a pen/stylus in hand than a mouse on the screen.

• 1 month later...