How to open a session on windows...

1. If you have admin priviliges, you can change the login screen to work with the icons instead of ctrl+alt+del.

2. You can try writing a VI to simulate ctrl+alt+del whenever you press shift+Q or something similar. You can use the input VIs (although I don't know if they will monitor when the station is locked) and there are many VIs on the web for simulating key presses.

And of course:

QUOTE(TiT @ Nov 13 2007, 11:30 AM)

I broke my left arm at a rugby game and my left shoulder is also really painfull at the moment so if anyone has a trick not to have to press at the same time "ctrl + alt + delete" because with just one hand I can't do it !

Great idea Microsoft !

PS : posted form a mac ;)

Press the "Shift" key 5 times in a row. This turns on "Sticky Keys" (You can also turn this feature on from the Accessibility Options in control panel). You can then press CTRL, ALT, DEL in sequential order, without having to press them all at the same time.

It is also generally pretty easy to reach the Ctrl+Alt+Delete all with one hand if you use the Ctrl and Alt on the right side of the keyboard...

I hope you heal quickly :wacko:

Thank you guys for your answers :)

This week i'm home with my laptop from the company, so there is no ctrl key on the right hand side, but that's a good idea I'll get a usb keyboard !

I didn't know about the sticky key option, I'll try that.

Thanks again for your help

EDIT :

QUOTE(TobyD @ Nov 13 2007, 09:58 PM)

Press the "Shift" key 5 times in a row. This turns on "Sticky Keys" (You can also turn this feature on from the Accessibility Options in control panel). You can then press CTRL, ALT, DEL in sequential order, without having to press them all at the same time.

WOW !!

The sticky key option is made for those who only have one hand ! It's what I need !!

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(PJM_labview @ Nov 27 2007, 07:09 PM)

Now I am curious: where is the Euro sign "€" on a French keyboard?

It's AltGr-E on a German keyboard, but this place seems to be already taken .

QUOTE(TobyD @ Nov 27 2007, 05:35 PM)

What is alt gr?

Well... on european keyboards (at least french, swiss, spanish, italian and maybe more...) there is an alt key and an alt gr key ; just like the shift key gives access to the second "value of non-letter key", the alt gr key gives access to the third "value of non-letter key".

Isn't it the same on english keyboard :-o ?

EDIT :

oops I was a bit slow...

Alt gr + E gives € on the french and swiss keyborad, I guess it's the same anywhere in europe, no ?

QUOTE(TiT @ Nov 29 2007, 02:18 PM)

Well... on european keyboards (at least french, swiss, spanish, italian and maybe more...) there is an alt key and an alt gr key ; just like the shift key gives access to the second "value of non-letter key", the alt gr key gives access to the third "value of non-letter key".

Isn't it the same on english keyboard :-o ?

EDIT :

oops I was a bit slow...

Alt gr + E gives € on the french and swiss keyborad, I guess it's the same anywhere in europe, no ?

No, well sort off, I use US international layout, which allows me to type through, eg. hitting '`' 'e' results in è, for € I hit <ctrl-alt-5>

Ton