Long Lead times for NI software

Earlier this week i ordered the NI Developer Suite , when the order was complete they gave me an estimated ship date of January 22nd ?!?!??! I can understand with hardware that there may be long lead times , but , it seems to me that software shouldnt really have these long lead times.... i was hoping to get my hands on it as i am anxious to try XControls with my latest project :-(

oh well , guess i will have to wait until the next project....

Dan

QUOTE(Dan Bookwalter @ Dec 7 2007, 02:10 AM)

Earlier this week i ordered the NI Developer Suite , when the order was complete they gave me an estimated ship date of January 22nd ?!?!??!

You should be able to download it and register it using a serial that NI gives you - you don't have to wait for the physical disks. You can even use it in eval mode for 30 days or so until you can convince them to give you your serial.

QUOTE(crelf @ Dec 6 2007, 11:26 AM)

You should be able to download it and register it using a serial that NI gives you - you don't have to wait for the physical disks. You can even use it in eval mode for 30 days or so until you can convince them to give you your serial.

I looked around and couldnt find anywhere to download a trial version of LV Pro.... maybe i missed it ....

QUOTE(TobyD @ Dec 6 2007, 12:08 PM)

Actually i got to thinking....

When LabVIEW installs it actually installs the Pro version but your S/N and activation code open what it is licensed for , so i called NI and they activated mine for Pro , so now i am all set to go ahead and mess around with the XControls etc....

QUOTE(Dan Bookwalter @ Dec 7 2007, 06:03 AM)

When LabVIEW installs it actually installs the Pro version but your S/N and activation code open what it is licensed for , so i called NI and they activated mine for Pro...

Awesome! I didn't know that you already had a copy and just needed to upgrade your level, not version. Glad to hear it's all good.

QUOTE(MikaelH @ Dec 6 2007, 03:53 PM)

I have an idea, come to Australia and order it here; I got my 3 versions from between 3 days to 1 week :-)

But it could also be so that they have stopped shipping LV 8.5, and waiting for the next releaseā€¦.you never know

//Mikael

I like that idea.....

I was told on the phone that they were waiting on a driver before they will ship.....

but with Pro activated on my machine I should be all set now....

QUOTE(MikaelH @ Dec 6 2007, 03:53 PM)

I have an idea, come to Australia and order it here; I got my 3 versions from between 3 days to 1 week :-)

But it could also be so that they have stopped shipping LV 8.5, and waiting for the next releaseā€¦.you never know

//Mikael

Well what do you know , when i checked my email this morning i had an email from NI confirming that my order was shipped....

man i wanted to go to Australia ....