Alfa String

alfa

QUOTE (Phillip Brooks @ Sep 19 2008, 05:14 PM)

The SRI is the behind all the master conspiracies in the world. Its evil plot is to give you some money at the end of each year depending on how much you worked. :)

Naturally, alfa is a big threat to them, so they have to try and kill him.

QUOTE (alfa @ Sep 22 2008, 03:51 AM)

I'm right about the 98%: you'll not find a wise elected president or prime minister in Occident or in the world.

And if the leader is not wise…

It's the opposite really :rolleyes:

Every country gets the government it deserves. It's not the government that makes the people bad. :shifty:

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (jcarmody @ Sep 22 2008, 05:33 AM)

:question: What did I do to deserve this?

You as a person quite likely nothing. The "people" as a whole however?!

Democracy in theory is sort of an ideal but in praxis it's still one of the better solutions. If for nothing else than that the "people" can not say that they have absolutely no influence in who rules them :)

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (alfa @ Sep 22 2008, 03:51 AM)

I'm right about the 98%: you'll not find a wise elected president or prime minister in Occident or in the world.

And if the leader is not wise…

Once agian paraphrasing Soctrates from "Plato's Republic" "THe only person qualified to lead is a person that is smart enough to know they don't want to lead."

With the system is the US, as it stands, a person has to REALLY want to be elected to get elected.

Ben

QUOTE (rolfk @ Sep 22 2008, 08:30 AM)

Democracy in theory is sort of an ideal but in praxis it's still one of the better solutions. If for nothing else than that the "people" can not say that they have absolutely no influence in who rules them

Rolf Kalbermatter

I think I'd prefer a monarchy. At least then there's a possibility that the government would want to maintain a sustainable economy; he's not likely to loot it to the point that there's nothing left to pass to his oldest son. The incentive in a Democracy is to get as much loot as you can before loosing office. :thumbdown:

No man’s life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session. ~ Gideon J. Tucker

Jm

QUOTE (rolfk @ Sep 22 2008, 08:30 AM)

Democracy in theory is sort of an ideal but in praxis it's still one of the better solutions. If for nothing else than that the "people" can not say that they have absolutely no influence in who rules them :)

From the notebooks of Lazarus Long:

Democracy is based upon the assumption that a million men are wiser than one man. How's that again? I missed something.

Autocracy is based upon the assumption that one man is wiser than a million men. Let's play that over again, too. Who decides?

QUOTE (JiMM @ Sep 22 2008, 11:21 AM)

From the notebooks of Lazarus Long:

Democracy is based upon the assumption that a million men are wiser than one man. How's that again? I missed something.

Autocracy is based upon the assumption that one man is wiser than a million men. Let's play that over again, too. Who decides?

I love Heinlein! :wub:

Rolf Kalbermatter

QUOTE (JiMM @ Sep 22 2008, 01:06 PM)

We're supposed to be http://www.amazon.com/Republic-Not-Empire-Patrick-Buchanan/dp/089526272X' rel='nofollow' target="_blank">a republic, not an empire.

My kids are taught that in school; they go to school in the room over our garage. On the curriculum this year: Lego Mindstorm robot programming. :thumbup:

QUOTE (alfa @ Sep 23 2008, 09:12 AM)

Can you please explain why you feel that LabVIEW programmers should attend a Near Death Conference? (You know you are in a LabVIEW forum, right?)

I agree that I sometimes feel more dead than alive, but I cannot blame LabVIEW for this. More likely it is due to late nights and early mornings.

/J

PS. Do you count being hunted by half-naked women as a Near Death experience? If so, will there be any special sessions regarding this, perhaps with some demonstrations?

QUOTE (JFM @ Sep 22 2008, 11:38 PM)

Can you please explain why you feel that LabVIEW programmers should attend a Near Death Conference? (You know you are in a LabVIEW forum, right?)

I agree that I sometimes feel more dead than alive, but I cannot blame LabVIEW for this. More likely it is due to late nights and early mornings.

/J

PS. Do you count being hunted by half-naked women as a Near Death experience? If so, will there be any special sessions regarding this, perhaps with some demonstrations?

I'd like to see the lvproj file, esp the build specifications. :yes:

QUOTE (JFM @ Sep 23 2008, 03:38 AM)

Remember, we are in the lounge where the rules are:

"Enter the lounge and discuss anything and everything. Nothing is off-topic and all discussions are encouraged.

Please post LabVIEW related discussions in the other forums. "