Annoying NI sales calls after visiting ni.com

QUOTE (martin@aerodynamics @ Jun 5 2008, 02:24 PM)

are you sure that you did't get those LabVIEW training mails because of your CLAD test result ;)

For what it's worth, I got two of them (recommending that I take some courses "based on my results") even though I didn't actually take the exam - I only clicked the link and I don't think I even got to the first question.

QUOTE (MikaelH @ Jun 5 2008, 03:33 PM)

Meet Spoolie, I coded him up and sent him to LTR, back in 2002 as a joke.

post-17-1212707126.png?width=400

Download File:post-17-1212706939.avi

I wrote it as a VI, but it was somehow saved without the block diagram in 6.1. So, I just uploaded an AVI movie of the VI running.

In Sweden they sometimes call to after one have been looking at some webinar or checked the preliminary price for some equipment. I try to be proactive to look at new thing before I really need them. Another thing is that since I am work for research institute we need approximate prices for grant application that may take 6-12 month before we get the decision. I feel it like this is the curse of the Information age. I think they should treat the web the same as their paper catalog.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Jun 21 2008, 04:50 PM)

But, marketing doesn't have to be evil -- e.g., permission-based marketing where high-quality products/information are provided to customers while respecting their rights to choose how and when they receive messages.

Right: it's all about perceived value - NI thinks that their call to you provides you with a opportunity that you'll value.

Personally, I don't mind cold-calls, as long as the person behind them has done their research, which means a higher potential of their service offerings to be valuable to me.

I just had a NI salesman call me. I asked if there was a way to put a note such that I wouldn't receive the calls anymore; he was able to add "a note into my file" so that I wouldn't receive such calls anymore (this time it was from creating a couple of "what-if" carts via the website).

Tim