LabVIEW 8.6?!

I looked at the upgrade notes, and not having done any beta testing I was quite happy to see a few upgrades that will be nice for me.

Updating properties of multiple items at once (though this wasn't too much of a surprise, given various hints)

Quick Drop for keyboard shortcuts to palette items (look familiar, Yair?)

and the Tunnel Wiring Wizard ! built into LabVIEW

QUOTE (JDave @ Aug 1 2008, 08:18 AM)

I looked at the upgrade notes, and not having done any beta testing I was quite happy to see a few upgrades that will be nice for me.

Updating properties of multiple items at once (though this wasn't too much of a surprise, given various hints)

Quick Drop for keyboard shortcuts to palette items (look familiar, Yair?)

and the Tunnel Wiring Wizard ! built into LabVIEW

What about the fix to the WMP container so that it can retain its size instead of resetting to the default sizing of the currently selected media file?

QUOTE (David Wisti @ Aug 1 2008, 02:47 PM)

I can't wait to start using these lossy queues. I've been using Shared Variables as lossy queues but there is no way to preview or know how many elements are in a shared variables queues.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a lossy queue? How does it differ from a regular queue?

Thanks,

Derek

QUOTE (DerekLV @ Aug 1 2008, 04:17 PM)

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a lossy queue? How does it differ from a regular queue?

Thanks,

Derek

Its a queue that is not guarenteed to delivery everything that was posted. It works like a conveyor belt with a bucket at the end. If a worker does not pick-up the widget when the belt shifts for the next new widget added, the oldest drops off into the bit-bucket.

Ben