Things like this give Mondays a bad name...

Daklu

Last Tuesday I learned my contract was going to end on Friday, so I lined up a LV dev position with another group that I was supposed to start today. On the way in to work this morning I checked my voice mail to discover the person who was planning on leaving (thus opening the position for me) decided to stay (thus closing the position to me.) Not exactly the kind of news that kicks off a great week.

Here's hoping the economy picks up soon...

Last Tuesday I learned my contract was going to end on Friday, so I lined up a LV dev position with another group that I was supposed to start today. On the way in to work this morning I checked my voice mail to discover the person who was planning on leaving (thus opening the position for me) decided to stay (thus closing the position to me.) Not exactly the kind of news that kicks off a great week.

Any plans on moving to Europe? :rolleyes:

Try knocking NI's Door ! They always welcome people like you :)

Men... we struggle here each time we try to hire a new LabVIEW developer...

The situation here (Switzerland) is weird, the economy is pretty active and rather stable, but there is a huge lack of engineers. We are 6 developers here, only one is Swiss (2 french, 1 german, 1 italian), this shows how Switzerland is hiring its engineers from the countries around I think.

At NIDays in Zurich last week there was a stage discussion and NI's branch manager was pointing out this issue for Switzerland.