Show us your desktop

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'm starting another useless thread. :P

Here are some screen captures of my desktop with the ultimate. Four versions of LabVIEW running at the same time. I challenge someone to beat that. :yes:

I'm also showing my desktop... naked.

post-2-1095988181.jpg?width=400

post-2-1095987871.jpg?width=400

Show us your desktop...

1952[/snapback]

I do Linux development on my Laptop using VMware Workstation (an x86 emulator), and I have 3 LabVIEW for Linux versions installed in addition to the four versions that I run on Windows XP.

:rolleyes:

post-17-1096006706.png?width=400

Ok, I'm starting another useless thread. :P

Here are some screen captures of my desktop with the ultimate. Four versions of LabVIEW running at the same time. I challenge someone to beat that. :yes:

I'm also showing my desktop... naked.

Show us your desktop...

1952[/snapback]

Michael, I am astonished :o otherwise I am starting a topic in this section

Is this a picture of Toronto?

My desktop background changes often, sometimes from day to day

Edit: On this pc I don't have LV installed. For LV I have an other pc with special cards inside (arinc, synchro). And the other pc don't have network access :headbang: (I love my usb stick :worship: )

What is "xeyes"??

1961[/snapback]

xeyes is an application that has a window with two eyeballs that look at your mouse position, presumaby so that it is easy for you to know where your mouse pointer is located. It is available on almost any Xwindows system (used for Linux displays). I opened the xeyes app so that it would be obvious that it was a linux environment. If you want to try out xeyes, there is a Win32 version that you can download from here:

http://www.shemesh.biz/code.html ==> Win32 Xeyes

-Jim

PS - your desktop picture is scary :o

Michael, I am astonished  :o otherwise I am starting a topic in this section

My desktop background changes often, sometimes from day to day

Edit: On this pc I don't have LV installed. For LV I have an other pc with special cards inside (arinc, synchro). And the other pc don't have network access  :headbang:  (I love my usb stick  :worship: )

1960[/snapback]

That's one hell of a SCARY desktop picture that you got !

I can't imagine staring at this all day...

PJM

Hmmm, this shows my liking of splatter films :rolleyes: (I am collecting this kind of DVD's)

But this is a scene from a harmless film calling Resident Evil :thumbup:

I don't see the background all day because I have opened the LAVA secondary almost all day. One of my colleagues said this image is yukky :o

Here my other favorite background (edited with Photoshop so that it is darker :shifty: )

One of my favorite films...

post-582-1096013136.jpg?width=400

1960[/snapback]

Yes. I took this picture during a sailing trip on lake Ontario.

My desktop background changes often, sometimes from day to day.

1960[/snapback]

Geeze, what a scary image! :(

Since you like those kind of movies, have you seen the movie "Resident Evil: Apocalypse"? It was actually filmed entirely in Toronto. One of the main action scenes shows a round shaped building blowing up. That is actually Toronto City Hall. :P

Yes. I took this picture during a sailing trip on lake Ontario.

Geeze, what a scary image! :(  

Since you like those kind of movies, have you seen the movie "Resident Evil: Apocalypse"? It was actually filmed entirely in Toronto. One of the main action scenes shows a round shaped building blowing up. That is actually Toronto City Hall. :P

1972[/snapback]

Not yet, its coming out in our cinemas now.

Here it is:

post-365-1096036185.gif?width=400

We still have a old Mac running LV 2.1.?. Some apps are at 5.1, but most are at 6.1. I am using 7.0 for all new projects (all I need are some new LV projects!). Probably the neatest thing is that some our current apps (running at 6.1) have source code from their LV 2.1, Macintosh days (small changes to upgrade). I can't imagine running a DOS program that accesses hardware under Win2K (never mind Mac to PC).

I have a version of Matrox Imaging library that somebody bought for $5k a few years ago, and so I use Labwindows CVI for my machine vision projects (C libs). This where I spend most of my time currently.

See DLPX on Nasdaq... No secret that money is tight right now where I work. To this end, I use Linux systems to do web hosting of data logged elsewhere using LV DAQ, or Rabbit SBCs. I really like the cost of ownership aspect of Linux,MySQL, JSP. Moreover, I like the ability to remotely administer a Linux system. We have two servers built on old Pentium PCs at two different locations. These systems run headless, and I can administer them from my PC (I can also run critical applications -like xeyes - on the Linux box, while outputting the Display on my PC...) :shifty: What I would really like is a LV cross compiler so that I could have even more fun with a Linux system (see DLPX on Nasdaq to learn why we don't just buy a LV-Linux license... :headbang: ).

Okay, here I am, in the raw.... :unsure:

post-365-1096037598.gif?width=400

This image is from Silver Peak in Killarney Provincial Park (Ontario, Canada). A group of us go into the backcountry every September for some camping - this is from last year's trip. This year we went to Algonquin Park. This park is 'near' Ottawa, and as a bit of trivia for our German friends, is apparently well known in Germany. Apparently, many Germans come to Canada and vacation by camping in Algonquin Park. Urban myth or no, I have heard that at times there is more German spoken in Algonquin than English!

Geez Michael, is this kind of like a "come as you are" party?

I just got a new dev machine so I just have 7.1 and I'm trying to keep it that way.

I try to encourage (force?) my customers to keep their systems current.

My screen is kinda boring 'cos it's new and hasn't had time to collect all the odd-ball stuff.

post-658-1096061308.jpg?width=400

I see your one of the few here using Internet Explorer :nono: ... We have to get you to switch to Firefox.  :thumbup:

1984[/snapback]

Heck! I haven't even got XP to run the way I want yet. :blink:

One of the things I have to get around to. The thing is, everyone test their pages on IE. A lot of people are recommending Opera. ????

Feel free to jump in everyone! (like you guys need an invitation

:gathering: ) After all, this is the lounge.

Heck! I haven't even got XP to run the way I want yet. :blink:

One of the things I have to get around to. The thing is, everyone test their pages on IE. A lot of people are recommending Opera.  ????

Feel free to jump in everyone! (like you guys need an invitation

:gathering: )  After all, this is the lounge.

1985[/snapback]

The only thing that I use IE for is running Windows Update. Get Firefox!