LabVIEW Debugging Window

jgcode

No, do you have any extra "debugging keys setup in your LabVIEW.ini file.

Negative.

I was working with some code calling dll's, the only difference was this popped up on my 64-bit OS install but not my 32-bit OS install (both Win7 with 32-bit LabVIEW 2009).

• 1 year later...

Well, according to what it says, you can get it by calling a specific function from a CIN, but you should keep in mind that CINs are generally legacy tech, so it's possible that something would have stopped working in newer versions. Personally I never saw this window, but I don't really use CINs.

If you want a simple debug window, you can do something as simple as VI which takes in a string input and concatenates it to a string indicator, which is the log. You set the VI to show the FP when called and you're done. Of course, you could get a lot fancier with loggers and debuggers and have levels, daemons, logging to disk, etc. There are various loggers available online.

My original file is 10.1 kBytes and the downloaded one is 4.16 so it appears something is stripped out.

to recreate:

1) drop a CLFN, choose 'LabVIEW' as the library name and click run in any thread.

2) make the output parameter a 32-bit signed integer

3) add a string input parameter with default settings.

4) wire and enjoy.

I kind of like it sometimes when debugging myself.  I am always closing a BD window and killing probes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1