Script New LabVIEW Class

Corks

Hello LAVA,

First time poster here, so I'll do my best with background. This situation also happens to be my first exploration of scripting LabVIEW Classes. I am starting with my simplest use case, and scaling as I see some success. I am simply trying to add an existing VI to a newly created class, and facing a strange message when opening the class that I have created.

I have attached a snapshot of my code, BD.png

post-28063-0-51104600-1351553228_thumb.p

The code runs without error, and creates a class in the specified directory with the correct name. What's strange is that when I open the newly created class to view its contents I see the following message:

post-28063-0-89248100-1351553313.png

I have tried this same set of events using the LAVA host LVClass API, and face the same error message when opening the class. When I use property nodes to investigate the class members, the VI I have added is listed as a member. I went so far as compare the raw "XML" of a LabVIEW class I created manually in the project explorer to my scripted class, and the property configuration for the class appears identical. For this initial test, I am ensuring that the file I am adding is in the same directory as the class I am creating. The error dialog above occurs after a file search window appears, or I elect to ignore 'missing' items.

I am posting here to see if anyone has experienced this behavior, or perhaps my inexperience in this area has lead me to overlook a fundamental part of adding items to a class. I appreciate your time, am happy to provide any additional information, and look forward to your responses.

System Specs:

LabVIEW 2012 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit