Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have done some manteinance to an application compiled with LabVIEW 2012. That app has an installer, so my users can upgrade it easily. I usually install the application on the same machine where I develop with LabVIEW and after I try the installation procedure on a clean machine to see if issues arise. Today have seen that on the development PC, the executable runs fine. Instead on the clean machine, the following message appears after that the application has loaded the panel.
Have you seen this message in past? I have found some posts here: other users have found the same issues, with older versions of LabVIEW.
I have upgraded the DAQmx drivers on the clean machine , but the issue remains.
Any idea?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bumping this thread because I'm running into the same problem a year later, with the same LabVIEW version.


I suspect it's related to dynamically loading classes in an exe, which is functionality I tried to add in just before the error started showing up.


The application runs fine in development and a build completes without errors. The error shows up as soon as the exe starts running.


I've tried to add a unique path in the exe for every class. This is a frustrating undertaking because there are probably a couple dozen classes being loaded dynamically, and the error doesn't tell me which class I'm forgetting (if any). So I'm trying to fix the problem by assigning unique paths for each class, but I can't tell where my mistake is because the error codes returned are opaque. And of course, the worst part is that I have to complete a build between every fix attempt, which sucks up massive amounts of time.


For all I know, I've successfully assigned unique dynamic paths for every class, but the exe is returning this error for some completely unrelated reason.


Anyone dealt with this before?


I was hoping to use some of the new class loading primitives in 2013 to do this without having to assign individual exe paths, but the entire 2013 development environment crashes when trying to load my project. So, hurray for that problem, too.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here comes another bump. Getting the 2208 error when running an executable on the same PC where it was built (and runs fine in LV). This is version 2016 32bit. Also getting the error when building on a different PC, same LV version.

The project has no libraries, only classes. All dll dependencies are there. I've tried clearing the compiled objects for both user and application builder. And I've installed .net framework 3.5 because that was a thing on the NI forum where a similar error was discussed. Did not help.

I tried building a debug version that waits for the debugger and attaching to it with LV but it just crashes LV before the application starts. Also tried hooking DETT into it but it shows nothing - probably because the application never actually starts running but just sits there with a broken run arrow.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Put all your classes in libraries.


(I know it might contradict what others say about NOT putting classes in libraries, but it's worth a try. Also, I have all my classes in libraries and haven't seen this error for a long time).

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.