(CLA Summit 2013) Your help needed! Tell me your software licensing questions/concerns

(cross-posted to the NI CLA Forum; you'll need to be a CLA to view that link)

Do you care about software licensing? As evidenced by this exciting thread from last year, some of us (including me) obviously do  :) .

Here's the deal: I'm going to be leading a session at the CLA Summit Americas on Software Licensing. I want to make sure I have the areas of focus dialed in so that everyone gets useful information out of the hour we'll have together.

Whether you're a CLA or not, and whether you're coming to the Summit or not, can you please post software licensing questions or concerns that affect you or your business? This will help me capture as broad an understanding of people as possible.

Here are some seeds to get you thinking:

• Do your consulting customers ever ask you about licensing issues with your software? What questions do they ask?
  • Have you ever had a project fail due to licensing issues? What was the core hang-up?
  • If you make (or are considering making) LabVIEW add-ons for the LabVIEW Tools Network, is there anything related to licensing that you're kind of stuck or can't understand?
  • Software licensing is a big topic with lots of tricky details. What do you feel like you just don't understand?

Thanks!

P.S. If you have some licensing question or story that you'd rather not share publicly for some reason, feel free to PM it to me!

• Like 1