openG libraries on computer that cannot be connected to the internet

Hello,

I have installed JKI VI Package Manager on my laptop running Windows 7, and everything is working fine. The problem is, we have a desktop computer in the lab which we are not allowed to connect to the internet because it contains sensitive patient information. However, I need to run the labVIEW program that I have successfully made work on my laptop (with the help of the VI Package Manager), on the desktop computer. I am not able to process this data on my laptop due to memory and speed problems.

I installed everything that I needed on my laptop with the helpful instructions on this page:

http://matio-labview.sourceforge.net/

Without the internet, I have managed to install on the offline desktop:

1. the VI Package Manager,

2. Matio,

3. a 2011 Run-time engine that the VI Package Manager told me I needed (I also needed it for my laptop),

4. The following required Library: http://sourceforge.net/projects/opengtoolkit/

To accomplish the above on the desktop, I followed the exact same steps that were used on my laptop, but since I am not on the internet with the desktop, the VI Package Manager cannot connect to tell me what other openG libraries I need to solve the 'dependencies' problems I am encountering.

A list of all the Libraries listed on my laptop under the VI Package Manager is below. Is there a way that I can get all of these onto the desktop? Some way I can transfer and replace a folder(s), so that I can have these dependency problems sorted out?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Kind regards,

Andrew

Edited by Michael Aivaliotis
removed excessive content.

So a couple things.  If you have a professional version of VIPM on your laptop you can create a VIPC file that contains multiple packages.  This will create a single file that can be double clicked on any computer without the internet and it will install all the packages just as if you got them from the internet.

If you don't have the professional version of VIPM you can still copy the individual package files from your laptop and bring them over.  Go to C:ProgramDataJKIVIPMcache to find all the packages that have been locally downloaded.  This path is for Windows 7 and maybe slightly different for other OSs.  You can then install these package files on your other PC by going to File >> Open Package File(s) and selecting all the files at once.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By WILSTi
      Hello,

I'm developing an application to play "Battleship" with another opponent through serial communication. I currently have the following difficulty:
       I have not been able to fill the Array with my opponent's ships, I can modify a position, but by changing the position, the result of the previous position returns to its original value.
      VI operation:

For my turn, using the radio buttons, I select the coordinate and press the SEND button. My opponent answers me with a 1 if I hit or with a 0 if I failed, this data is what I couldn't keep in the array.
      Best regards,
      3Q.vi
    • By Chen Li
      The program obtains the number of messages in the hardware buffer through ZCAN_GetReceiveNum function, and then calls ZCAN Receive to complete the received data. When the amount of data reaches 1000 frames / s, the program will crash.
      UINT ZCAN_Receive(CHANNEL_HANDLE channel_handle,  ZCAN_Receive_Data* pReceive,  UINT len,  INT wait_time = -1);

I think there is something wrong with creating the parameter array ZCAN Receive Data* pReceive. Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem?

Receive.zip
    • By Bas de Jong
      Hello, I'm trying to display an animated GIF on the front panel. This gif should be loaded programmatically based on some user event. My google search led me to use the OpenG Read GIF File (Animated)__ogtk.vi file. However, loading a GIF is extremely slow. It takes almost 20 seconds to execute the vi when I load the attached GIF (I found randomly on the internet). Is this normal? And if so, is there a way to load a gif faster? Because I need to load several and I cannot afford to load maybe 2 minutes only for the gifs.

• By farzane lk
      Hello
      I have received a LabVIEW dll and the corresponding header files so that I can send a trigger to a skin stimulation device.

when I use the loadlibrary command in my Matlab script, I receive these two errors:  "We don't know the Compiler" and "We don't know the ProcessorType architecture"
      Which means while reading the "platdefines.h", the Compiler and the ProcessorType does not match the ones listed in ifs.
      I have set c++ compiler to visual studio 2015 in Matlab. (also tried MinGW). the system I`m using is Windows 10 (tried on 7, too), 64bit.
      I read somewhere that manually defining the ProcessorType and the compiler might solve the issue. But the problem is I Don`t know what they are. (when these two conditions below are not accepted.)
      #elif defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(_NI_VC_)
              #define Compiler        kVisualC
      #elif defined(_M_X64)
              #define ProcessorType    kX64
      --------------------------------------------------
      How should I find out the ProcessorType and the compiler I have? 
      I`d be EXTREMELY THANKFUL for any solutions you can think of.
      P.S.1 I attached all the headers and the Matlab error.jpg
      P.S.2 The code seems to work fine on manufacturers system with Matlab 2011. so it may be Matlab-related, but I don`t get how since the error is from platdefines header file.

extcode.h
      fundtypes.h
      hosttype.h
      ILVDataInterface.h
      ILVTypeInterface.h
      lv_epilog.h
      lv_prolog.h
      platdefines.h
      STIM.aliases
      STIM.dll
      STIM.h
      STIM.ini
      STIM.lib

• By hooovahh
      View File Hooovahh Array VIMs
      Here is the Hooovahh Array VIMs.  This initial release contains 14 VIMs for manipulating array data, which are intended to replace OpenG functionality, but with the added benefit of data type propagation, and increased performance using newer array manipulation techniques.  In later versions other Array manipulation functions were added moving all the OpenG stuff to their own palette.
      Most of the OpenG functions are unchanged, but a few use the newer conditional and concatenating tunnels.  And a few functions have added performance based on other inputs.  For instance the Delete Array Elements can operate in a more efficient way if the input indexes are already sorted.  The Filter 1D array can also be more efficient if the input is known to not contain any duplicates.
      Because these packages contain VIMs, they require LabVIEW 2017 or newer.  Having these functions be VIMs mean all functions work with various array data types.  Included functions are:
      Conditional Auto-Indexing Tunnel Delete Elements from (1D or 2D) Array Filter 1D Array Index (1D or 2D) Array Remove Duplicates from 1D Array Reorder (1D or 2D) Array Reverse 1D Array Slice 1D Array Sort (1D or 2D) Array Convert 1D to 2D Convert 2D to 1D Find Subarray Force Array Min/Max Size Foreign Key Sort Submitter hooovahh Submitted 10/11/2017 Category *Uncertified* LabVIEW Version  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.