• Similar Content

• By Ricardo de Abreu
      Hi guys. This semester I'm starting a course system development for control and automation engineering, witch will be based on LabView. Therefore, my University doesn't have a NI hardware, even a MyRIO for us to test our VI and the teacher said that we should test our projects with our own Arduino...
      So, I have a little experience in Arduino and I know the basics for LabView. Now I'm in a point that I know that with Arduino I'll not take the best from LabView. I cannot even deploy a code to it.
      So, there is where my question comes in...
      I'm looking for a new board better then Arduino to use in the classes. I would buy a MyRIO card if I had the money but in Brazil this board is too expensive for me
       Witch one should I get that is closest to myRIO and less expensive than that? I would like to try de deployment of a VI and FPGA..... Is this possible?
      Thanks a lot for the help!
      Regards
    • By jdeantx
      With exciting projects in oil and gas, aerospace, utilities, and other industries, Vertical AIT is looking to hire skilled LabVIEW developers and architects in the Houston area. We are an Alliance Partner, and we specialize in embedded development.
      Requirements:
      - US citizenship (required by our contracts)
      - Industry experience in production software development
      - Embedded cRIO development experience (Real-time and FPGA)
      - Certification (CLD, CLA, and/or CLED) preferred
      - Must be meticulous and detail-oriented
      We offer great benefits, and we prioritize a healthy work/life balance.
      Learn more about Vertical AIT at www.VerticalAIT.com, and please send resumes to jobs@verticalait.com.
    • By Taylorh140
      Started some work on a simple C code generator for LabVIEW. 
      https://github.com/taylorh140/LabVIEWCGen
      I was working on some ideas to handle some more complex Items. Had some thought about using 
      https://github.com/rxi/vec 
      To handle strings and other arrays/vectors, I would like to pass these more complex data types by pointer. However I am looking for some ideas as to when to make a copy. I know LabVIEW has some internal item that manages this but I haven't found a way of accessing it quite yet. Let me know if you think this is worth some effort. Or if you have any ideas about the architecture that you think would be helpful.
      Also i imagine that this will still only ever support a small subset of LabVIEW, the languages are quite a bit different, and i prefer that the code be as clean as possible.

• By grjgrj
      Hello. I need change some code for SbRIO-9626 with LabVIEW 2018. I have code from LabVIEW 2015. Right now I have only LabVIEW 2018. And I worked with it for SbRIO-9627.
      LabVIEW FPGA, LabVIEW Real-Time, NICRIO1800 driver istalled.
      And I install Xilinx ISE 11.5 Compilation Tool too. 
      When I start compilation FPGA VI I got error about problem with compilation too (see attachment picture).
      Could you tell me how I can solve this problem? 
      It is very important. 

• By the_mitten
      Has anyone found any properties or methods associated with malleable VIs? Specifically, I was hoping to find a way to invoke the "Convert Instance VI to Standard VI" function after confirming that a selected VI was indeed malleable. LabVIEW reports the class type of a selected malleable VI on the block diagram as a standard Sub VI, and I didn't see any properties/methods under the VI class.

I'm exploring what it would look like to make a utility to convert a malleable VI into a polymorphic VI for the purpose of backwards compatibility. I'd like to have a reference library that uses malleable VIs but create a version that is still accessible to someone using older versions of LabVIEW that don't officially support malleables. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.