The most totally awesome LAVA Members!

Hey guys and gals. This thread is the beginning of a potentially long thread. Here, whenever the need arises, I will select a LAVA member who I feel has been a significant contributor and or helper.

I think it's fitting to start this thread by spotlighting a member who has helped me quit a bit over the last few months: crelf. Chris has helped a lot in supporting the code repository by reviewing code submissions. He has also posted an astounding number of posts. I think he will surpass me as the number one poster pretty soon. Keep up the good work!!

Good choice! Crelf does a great job. I don't have time to read all posts on LAVA, and practically never have time to post answers, so its great to see how guys like Crelf and other super-contributors have time to not only read all posts, but to reply to them and help so many people. I would like to give these to you: :star::star::star::star::star:

So, thanks, and keep up the good work!

Well, I don't know what to say. I must admit that I'm in two minds about this award - I'm deeply humbled and honoured to be selected as the first TALM, but I'm also a little embarrassed. Although I've submitted a lot of posts, I'm not sure my SNR is particularily high :)

My aim is to continue to build the LAVA community - it's a great place to share ideas, get your questions answered, and occasionally hang out with like-minded (and not-so-like-minded) people. I'm excited about the initiatives that Mike has put in place, especially the LAVA Code Repository where you can't just shove any old code - it has to meet strict coding requirements; and the LAVA Knowledge Base where anyone can write an independant article to share with the world. The greatest thing of all is that LAVA is independant - a true community run by users. I appreciate everyone's input, including some of the greatest LabVIEW minds in the world, and not forgetting the NI R&D guys that take the time to stop by - you're an invaluable resource! It's only through the high quality submissions by users will it grow.

A lot of work has been done in the past year on getting the framework into place, and there are already some fantastic independant resources in place, but it's a dynamic community, so please help it grow and stay relevant. Another great way to ensure that LAVA continues to provide us with the very best service is to have a look at a Premium Membership - as you know, the background of keeping our community alive costs money, and a Premium Membership not only helps it thrive, it also offers some pretty decent benefits to the members.

I'm very proud to be named a TALM - thank you all for your kind words!

Christopher G. Relf

aka: crelf

Although I've submitted a lot of posts, I'm not sure my SNR is particularily high :)

Chris

It is very obvious by your posting prowess on LAVA and the NI Dev Zone that you are a committed (or should you be committed ;) ) member of the LabVIEW community. I doubt there are very many individuals that haven't taken something away from at least a few of your postings.....

Congrats , you deserve it :worship:

Dan

... but I'm also a little embarrassed. Although I've submitted a lot of posts, I'm not sure my SNR is particularily high :)

just to make you feel better:

[ironic]

well, you're right ... I would have prefered Jim as the first TALM ever, too ;)

[/ironic]

anyway, even I think, you deserve it :)

and regarding the SNR: sometimes, a "I dunno"-answer helps, too :)

cheers and congratulations!

Well, I don't know what to say...
And then you go on to post a half page of very well written prose that thanks and encourages others, builds up and plugs for the new great features of LAVA like the CR and KB, remind us to keep contributing and looking to the future to make LAVA even better and conclude with a simple thank you.

Tut, tut, my boy. You DO know what to say and when to say it, including when the right thing to say is a low technical SNR, but high laughter SNR post, such as the Alfa 5th Dimension postings where you remind us not to take ourselves to seriously.

Which is why Michael was totally right in his initial choice.

Cheers! and :beer: :beer: :beer: s

• 2 weeks later...