I PASSED!

The results are in...I am the world's newest Certified LabVIEW Developer! A big Thank You to everyone here who helped me (either directly or indirectly) come up to speed quickly with LabVIEW. I couldn't have made it this soon withought LAVA!

:D <--That's me right now - I can't seem to wipe it off.

-Toby

QUOTE(TobyD @ Jan 10 2008, 03:50 PM)

The results are in...I am the world's newest Certified LabVIEW Developer! A big Thank You to everyone here who helped me (either directly or indirectly) come up to speed quickly with LabVIEW. I couldn't have made it this soon withought LAVA!

-Toby

A very big congratulations to you!

I know how you feel. Wait until tomorow but you have my permision to toss back a couple of shots to celebrate.

Ben

QUOTE(TobyD @ Jan 10 2008, 03:50 PM)

Heeeey - that's awesome! Congratulations Toby!!! :thumbup:

QUOTE(neB @ Jan 10 2008, 03:59 PM)

Wait until tomorow but you have my permision to toss back a couple of shots to celebrate.

Bugger it - I'll have a couple of congratulatory drinks for you tonight! :D

QUOTE(Norm Kirchner @ Jan 11 2008, 03:00 PM)

Ahh but there are even fewer CLA w/ their CTSD! Going for CTSA followed up w/ a B O L O G N A sandwich

We used to have the very first person to get their "A" for LV and TS. We called her "The Architect-Supreme".

But what really prompted me to reply was mention of BOLOGNA! I love Bologna so much that I am not disappointed when my wife does not cook. It gives me another excuse to eat BOLOGNA.

Ben

QUOTE(TobyD @ Jan 10 2008, 12:50 PM)

-Toby

Congratulations on reaching this milestone in your LabVIEW career!

QUOTE(neB @ Jan 18 2008, 02:34 PM)

I passed the CLA re-cert!

and a couple of my rookies did the same. We now have 6 architects.

Ben

gratulations :)

is there any difference between the first certification exam and the recertification exam?

QUOTE(i2dx @ Jan 20 2008, 09:46 AM)

is there any difference between the first certification exam and the recertification exam?

Of course there is a difference! You have other questions to solve! ;)

OK, what really matters is that the recert exam is exactly the same exam that someone has to do who does his first CLA certification on the same day. There is no "short version" ro the recert people.

I had my first CLA re-certification half a year ago and found that the exam topics really had changed, since NI had introduced a completely new LV Advanced course.

But I don't assume the topic changes will be so big in the coming years.

QUOTE(silmaril @ Jan 20 2008, 06:09 AM)

Of course there is a difference! You have other questions to solve! ;)

OK, what really matters is that the recert exam is exactly the same exam that someone has to do who does his first CLA certification on the same day. There is no "short version" ro the recert people.

I had my first CLA re-certification half a year ago and found that the exam topics really had changed, since NI had introduced a completely new LV Advanced course.

But I don't assume the topic changes will be so big in the coming years.

That is how I see it as well with one exception. As I read the NI docs the re-cert req is 70 points vs 75 points to certify the first time. I am not sure if that is a contradiction in the docs because I never found that difference spelled out in a single location. I'd go find links for these docs on the NI site but after passing the new format I really don't want to look at that stuff again soon. ;) . It just seems that the CLA stuff distracts me from learning more of the interesting aspects of LV. Anyone else feel that way?

BTW Congrats to you Silmaril ! :thumbup:

Ben

• 11 months later...