table test.vi

kmc

HI,

I am creating a table.I am taking the contents of table1,table 2,table 3 in an array.While displaying the result,The contents of the table (i.e)the way it looks will change.

i.e if i keep 0=system colour(i.e header in the table) as grey

1=red

2=green

i am attaching the program along with this...pls try to help me out with this

in short

pass should be in green

fail in red

header in table grey.

pls help me out with this

QUOTE (normandinf @ Jul 17 2008, 01:37 PM)

Use the ActiveCell property + CellBackgroundColor property.

Check the help and you'll find a table of the expected results.

Row, Column, Result

–1, –2, Selects the headers of all columns.

Can you look at the file which i had attached along with this.I HAVE USED THE ACTIVE CELL PROPERTY AND CELL BACK GROUND COLOUR PROPERTY.PLEASE HAVE ALOOK AT THE ATTACHED FILE.

THANKS

kmc

QUOTE (kmc @ Jul 17 2008, 02:03 PM)

Can you look at the file which i had attached along with this.I HAVE USED THE ACTIVE CELL PROPERTY AND CELL BACK GROUND COLOUR PROPERTY.PLEASE HAVE ALOOK AT THE ATTACHED FILE.

THANKS

kmc

I SEE MORE THAN 70 VIEWS WHY ISNT ANY ONE REPLYING....?? I THINK I HAVE WASTED TIME BY JOINING HERE...NO BODY REPLIES...!

QUOTE (kmc @ Jul 17 2008, 10:14 AM)

I SEE MORE THAN 70 VIEWS WHY ISNT ANY ONE REPLYING....?? I THINK I HAVE WASTED TIME BY JOINING HERE...NO BODY REPLIES...!

All caps is considered a form of shouting. Shouting doesn't inspire people to get involved.

You have only waited one hour. There are currently 9280 members and also non-members. 70 reads is not a lot...

Thanks for becoming a Premium Member, but this is not a service. Your membership supports the operation of the forums, but the contributors are all volunteers; we share our knowledge for free.

I don't have LabVIEW 8.5 ( I'm using very old 7.0) or I would look at your code and try to help.

Give it a little time and someone should help...

QUOTE (kmc @ Jul 17 2008, 07:14 AM)

There's no need to answer a question that has already been answered. Normandif gave you the answer. You are using the correct property nodes, but you never set the bgcolor for the column headers (see table below from the help files). You can also use the paint tool to change the column header color if it does not need to change at runtime.

Row Column Result

–20Selects all cells of the first column, including the column header.

–2–2Selects all rows and columns, including column headers.

–10Selects the header of the first column.

–1–2Selects the headers of all columns.

QUOTE (kmc @ Jul 17 2008, 10:14 AM)

Here's a reply.

Nobody here on LAVA is obligated to reply. Everyone who does offer help is doing it out of the kindness of their hearts. Think of it as a favor they are doing for you. Would you want to do someone a favor if they were jumping up and down, screaming, and asking why you weren't ignoring your own work to help them?

QUOTE (Gary Rubin @ Jul 17 2008, 03:45 PM)

I SINCERLY APOLOGISE TO EVERY ONE.I SHOULDNT HAVE DONE THIS.........I AM REALLY SORRY FOR SPEAKING LIKE THAT.

QUOTE (Phillip Brooks @ Jul 17 2008, 03:28 PM)

All caps is considered a form of shouting. Shouting doesn't inspire people to get involved.

You have only waited
one hour
. There are currently 9280 members and also non-members. 70 reads is not a lot...

Thanks for becoming a Premium Member, but this is not a service. Your membership supports the operation of the forums, but the contributors are all volunteers; we share our knowledge for free.

I don't have LabVIEW 8.5 ( I'm using very old 7.0) or I would look at your code and try to help.

Give it a little time and someone should help...

i AM SORRY FOR SPEAKING LIKE THAT.This is the first time i am into lava.i really dont have any idea how it goes.I understand it is an obligation.i had posted a request a month back

this is the link

http://forums.lavag.org/help-needed-with-labview-t11141.html

though i worked on it and got the result that i wanted.you could see that there are more than 375 views but none have replied.I thought they were just viewing the file and not replying.

i accept it was my mistake.I deeply regret for speaking like that.

thanks

Ashwin

As far as I'm concerned, I accept your apologies. :beer:

a) I didn't open your VI because I thought your problem was clearly stated... That being said, I'll have a look at it now to see if I got my answer satisfactorily posted.

b) A tip for future questions: I don't usually look at posts that contain "Help", "plz" (please), "Quick" or "Urgent". I might not be the only one... It's very often school homework questions and since I am working a full time job, I choose the topics I answer accordingly.

EDIT:

post-10515-1216309926.png?width=400

QUOTE (kmc @ Jul 17 2008, 07:26 AM)

I am creating a table.

I am taking the contents of table1,table 2,table 3 in an array.

While displaying the result,The contents of the table (i.e)the way it looks will change.

i.e if i keep

0=system colour(i.e header in the table) as grey

1=red

2=green

pass should be in green

fail in red

header in table grey.

What you are asking for is not clear because I have run your program and it does exactly what you are asking for.

It takes a 2d string array and makes all things Equal to PASS green and everything else red whilst keeping the header row/column the system color.

So if your example already demonstrates what you want, what is your need?

QUOTE (Norm Kirchner @ Jul 17 2008, 05:28 PM)

Thanks a lot Norman.I appreciate this........!

as far this was my research work which my professor had asked me to do...

as far this program is concerned she expects me to do few things

1.this array is a text array..i.e Pass and Fail..what she wants me to do is to convert this text array into a numeric array and she wants me to display the colour out here for eg.

0-system colour

1-Flashing red

2- Green

I havent worked on this before i am a beginner in labview.so trying to learn lot of things nw

it would be really great if you could help me out with this.Can you send me what you had tried as an attachment.

thanks a lot for patiently answering my questions

regards

kmc

QUOTE (kmc @ Jul 17 2008, 07:28 PM)

Thanks a lot Norman.I appreciate this........!

as far this was my research work which my professor had asked me to do...

as far this program is concerned she expects me to do few things

1.this array is a
text array
..i.e Pass and Fail..what she wants me to do is to convert this text array into a
numeric array
and she wants me to display the colour out here for eg.

0-system colour

1-Flashing red

2- Green

I havent worked on this before i am a beginner in labview.so trying to learn lot of things nw

it would be really great if you could help me out with this.Can you send me what you had tried as an attachment.

thanks a lot for patiently answering my questions

regards

kmc

NORMAN,I HAVE ATTACHED FEW THINGS ALONG WITH THIS..I HAVE DONE FEW THINGS RANDOMLY...AS I TOLD THE TEXT ARRAY IS CONVERTED TO NUMERIC ARRAY AND DO I NEED TO CHANGE TABLE1 AND TABLE2 ACCORDINGLY.HAD STARTED WITH IT.

I THINK YOU WOULD BE EASILY ABLE TO FINISH IT.COULD YOU PLEASE CHECK THIS..?

THANKS

ASHWIN