David_L

Multiple files in file path

Hey,

I've been doing some tinkering and can't seem to find a nice solution to this problem. Does anyone know of a way you can select multiple files from a path control? I know this can be done with the File Dialog Express VI, but I'd like to do it more gracefully from the front panel control. I don't think it's possible, but maybe someone here has some neat trick.

Alternately, is there any way to capture the drag event from multiple files dragged from Windows? I know a single file dragged into a File Path Control will populate it with the correct path, but maybe there's a way to drag multiple files onto an array of paths or something.

Thanks!

The first thing that comes to mind is an array of paths with a boolean "browse" button tied to a file dialog, and to put a Drop event in an event structure. Next thing was a string control instead of a array of paths which lead to needing to check for correct path structure which lead to thinking about XControls...

Haha, yes, my final thoughts were be to create an XControl with a string control and a boolean button that would call the File Dialog with multiple files. Then it could populate the string control with all the paths, separated by commons. However I was hoping to avoid that if there was some easier workaround.

Thanks for the ideas though!

Wait, you want to get multiple paths into a path control? ...or an array of path controls?

Ideally, multiple paths in a path control. The array of path controls with drag and drop is another possibility I thought, but not as pretty in the UI.

My first advice is to walk down the hall and flog or bribe (depending on the individual) whoever it takes to get a native cross-platform way to do this. My usual solution since I am locked to Windoze is hijacking the Windows Message Queue, like this example:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Flavien
      Hi guys,
      I am trying  to make a picture controler on my interface. I can drag and zoom my picture but my zoom is too bad ....
      My picture is big and I didn't find the way to make a zoom on the center of my indicator image with the zoomfactor. All my calculate tries failed and my reseachs on the web failed ...
      I am not really sure if i am clear but I can answer your questions.
      Best,
      Flavien

Control_Picture.vi
    • By Voklaif
      Hello all,
      I am looking for a way to find controls on an executable LV program. 
      I need this function because I want to automate a series of tests (user mouse clicks for example) on an executable LV program.
      The normal tools who does it with windows objects are not able to recognize LV controls individually.
      My idea is to find a way to recognize LV controls so I can interact with them individually.
      If anyone knows any third party programs to do automation tests for a LV exe that would also be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
      Vlad
    • By szewczak
      This VI demonstrates how you can bodge a VI to accept drag and drops of files and folders just like a path control (without losing any mouse click/move event functionality).
      Path controls have an API for dragging and dropping Files/folders from the OS, or correctly formatted strings from Excel. While an acceptable drag-and-drop operation is underway the path control adds a dotted box to the control (I'm calling this a target box). However this behavior is not available for other objects such as panes or other controls. So Bodging time.
      DragandDropBodge.vi (attached to the original lavag.org post) has a transparent Path control (set to 'Scale object with pane') that in all the use cases where a drag and drop is possible is set to Visible=True, and in all the use cases where the user would click on an object within the pane is set to Visible=False. I am using a shift register and the Timeout case to Visible=False the Path control, but for a more complex VI or when you have an existing need for the Timeout Case, you can manage this with a user event.
      Other implementations:
      This could be used to bodge drag-and-drop for a xy graph or other indicator instead of the pane at large. Or by capturing the cursor position at the moment of 'value update' for the path control a drag and drop could update a specific line in a tree/table/array.

Hope this helps when you are searching with the same keywords I was and found no solutions!
      NSz
      DragandDropBodge.vi
    • By MartinRJ
      Hello,

I'll explain the application that I have to make.

I have a laser sensor (Scan Control) which rotates with an electric motor, it will measure a hole. For that, he turns and must to collect data for each grade of rotation. 180 / half turn -> 180 points / half turn. I have already a Labview program that translates the data sensor in mm.

Now I have to make a program to to synchronize the data acquisition.

I thought about two solutions:
      -Drive will sent the triggeur (I do not know if it can be done)
      -Analog encoder with a rising edge of the sine or cosine signal.
      The encoder has 32,000 points per revolution (resolution) so it should acquire at each 32000/180 = 180 periods of the encoder signal.

How can I do this on Labview?

I hope I have expressed well,

Thank you in advance to all.
    • By Benoit
      This XControl has the nice feature that a Calendar control should give you.
      Multilanguage support by property node.
      The input and output are Labview Time Stamp.

When selecting a date, the date in the calendar become light blue.

Please you receive this XControl for free. The minimum you can do is to rate it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.