Use scripting on FPGA Interface Read/Write control

Hey guys,

I'm trying to do some scripting on a Realtime-VI wich uses the FPGA Interface "Read/Write Control". I open a Reference to a VI containing a Read/Write Control, and when scrolling through the BD-Objects I find it with the class-name "nirviReadWriteControl".

I used the "to more specific class"-VI to check wich class i can cast it to, and i tracked it down to be child of the GObject->Node Class. But i can't cast it to any of the childs offered in the class specifier constant.

I also found out, that the "nirviReadWriteControl" is a xnode.

I have never worked with those, is there a way to access theyr methods (I think they're called "abilities" for xnodes)?

The goal of the application is to make the Read/Write Control display all available FPGA FP-Elements, and connect Controls/Indicators to them.

There is the same Problem with the "Open FPGA Reference"-Node (Classname "nirviOpenFPGA").

I really hope somebody dealed with the xnodes a bit and can help me programmatically controlling them!

Best,

Trip

I found some more ressources on xnodes in general, and they seem to be documented pretty badly.

Can anyone tell me if there is a general way to change a propertynode-styled xnodes selected properties (same as pulling bottom of symbol down)?

Or does the xnode needs to support this operation with its own "abilities"?

Or does the xnode needs to support this operation with its own "abilities"?

I can't say for certain but I'd say based on what I know, the XNode would need to support this feature.  An XNode doesn't inherit from a property node in this case, so methods that cause a property node to be updated, won't work on an XNode, even if its appearance is that of a property node.