Totally awesome LAVA Members!

crelf

I just wanted to take a moment to thank Stephen for all that he has contributed to LAVA. You have to be one of the highest SNR contributors here, as everything you write is certainly worth reading. In short: thanks so much for being here - I really appreciate it :thumbup:

Edit: His name has been added tot he TALM list.

QUOTE(crelf @ Apr 20 2007, 01:21 PM)

I just wanted to take a moment to thank http://forums.lavag.org/Aristos-Queue-m5877.html' target="_blank">Stephen for all that he has contributed to LAVA. You have to be one of the highest SNR contributors here, as everything you write is certainly worth reading. In short: thanks so much for being here - I really appreciate it :thumbup:

I couldn't agree more! :) Thank you for your LAVA posts and hard work on LabVOOP -- two things very near and dear to me.

QUOTE(crelf @ Apr 20 2007, 11:21 PM)

I just wanted to take a moment to thank http://forums.lavag.org/Aristos-Queue-m5877.html' target="_blank">Stephen for all that he has contributed to LAVA. You have to be one of the highest SNR contributors here, as everything you write is certainly worth reading. In short: thanks so much for being here - I really appreciate it :thumbup:

I couldn't agree more.

QUOTE(Ben @ Apr 23 2007, 03:31 PM)

I have a note on my wall that reads "Stephen Mercer = Aristos Queue". If Stephen's posting were not as good as they are, he would not have made my wall.

maybe you want to add "= AQ" to your note? ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like to nominate Jim Kring for a (IMHO long overdue) TALM award. Jim's personal dedication to the LabVIEW community is truly wonderful:

• Jim and his team has put huge effort into true component-based development environment configuration management with their VI Package Manager
  • Jim works tirelessly (and tiredly :) ) on the 3rd edition of the highly successful LabVIEW bible: LabVIEW for Everyone
  • Jim continues to drive the LabVIEW open source community - something that has become second nature to many of us here at LAVA
  • IMHO, Jim has probably the highest SNR ratio in his posts here on LAVA (and one of the highest number of posts too). His posts are insightful, well thought-out, and presented with a true knack of helping us all understand what are often complex concepts. There's always something to learn from a Jim Kring post - even if you don't realize it at the time...

QUOTE (crelf @ Mar 20 2008, 01:38 PM)

What?!? He hasn't been nominated for this yet?? For shame! :o

Jim has been a considerable help to many people (like me) and deserves to be recognized for his tireless efforts. And he now owes me two beers... :P

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the TALM nomination and for all the kind words. The LabVIEW community, especially LAVA, has been a great resource and outlet for my LabVIEW passion. The people who make up this community are a pleasure to work with and have as friends and colleagues -- how would anyone not want to be a part of it? :)

Thanks,

-Jim

PS - crelf must really be a glutton for punishment -- I start pressuring him to get to work on his OpenG toolkit candidate and then he nominates me for an award :P

QUOTE (Jim Kring @ Mar 21 2008, 02:25 PM)

I was kinda hoping that this nomination would mean that you'd go easy on me...

• 1 month later...

QUOTE (crelf @ Mar 20 2008, 04:38 PM)

I'd like to nominate http://forums.lavag.org/Jim-Kring-m17.html' target="_blank">Jim Kring for a (IMHO long overdue) TALM award. Jim's personal dedication to the LabVIEW community is truly wonderful:

Agreed! Jim Kring is the Neil Peart of LabVIEW!

On a side: One thing I really like about LAVA is the diversity. All are welcome, but experts hold the fort. When I open a thread, and I see it peppered with names like crelf, Jim, Aristos, et.al., it makes me want to read further. These experts add a sense of validity to a thread. I mean, who wants to see answers from squids like me? (although I nominate myself as the Champion of the One Hit Wonder).

But.. what about the guru lurkers out there? I know of several mighty LabVIEW Champion members that just don't post. Attach the ChipIn widget and get to postin' !

Richard

• 4 weeks later...

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Dec 2 2006, 05:24 AM)

Hey guys and gals. This thread is the beginning of a potentially long thread. Here, whenever the need arises, I will select a LAVA member who I feel has been a significant contributor and or helper.

I think it's fitting to start this thread by spotlighting a member who has helped me quite a bit over the last few months: crelf. Chris has helped a lot in supporting the code repository by reviewing code submissions. He has also posted an astounding number of posts. I think he will surpass me as the number one poster pretty soon. Keep up the good work!!

CRELF is first again!

If you check out the most recent NI Instrumentation Newsletter (Q2 2008) you will find that CRELF has written up a nice article on Fuzzy Wires.

Does this make him the first LAVA member to get an artilce published in the Newsletter?

I believe he is the first LabVIEW Champion to do so.

Congratulations Chris!

Nice article.

Ben

Where does he find the time?

QUOTE (neB @ May 28 2008, 08:34 AM)

Thanks Ben - I really enjoyed writing it :)

QUOTE (neB @ May 28 2008, 08:34 AM)

Two words: no kids :P

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ May 28 2008, 04:02 PM)

Dual cores, and by leveraging the power of LabVIEW's inherently parallel processing capability.

Pfffft!

• 5 months later...

I feel it is time to dust off this thread since Rolf* just became a member of the 1000+ club!

Congratulations Rolf and thank you for all of your participation in the various public forums.

Ben

* About nine years ago I was just starting to follow info-LabVIEW as was the engineer in the next cube. It only took a little while for us to look at each other and ask "Who is this Rolf guy that seems to reply to every single thread?" Answer: One of my future mentors.