The LAVA T-Shirts for women are extrordinarily small

Be aware when ordering the women's T-shirts for LAVA: they are extrordinarily small. We ordered a number of T-shirts as a group (to save on shipping). The two women's XL shirts *might* fit the average eighth grader. We sent back to the company to get the next size up in the hopes that it might fit better.

OK, so first Zazzle forgets to ship my Ladies shirt with our group shipment and Stephen has to contact them to get them to send it. Then it arrives and, as Stephen says, the thing is the smallest XL I have ever seen. I seriously think it might have been a child's shirt. So I exchange it for a 2X, hoping for the best, and they send me a 2X men's shirt! :angry: It looks like I'm wearing a tent.

There isn't enough time to exchange it again before next Tuesday, so I give up. I am never buying anything from Zazzle again, so please consider a CafePress alternative if you do t-shirts again next year.

QUOTE (Aristos Queue @ Jul 29 2008, 12:00 PM)

Be aware when ordering the women's T-shirts for LAVA: they are extrordinarily small.

Excellent!! I purposefully didn't order one before because I'm tired of my closet full of shirts that are way too big. But if the shirts could actually fit...

My suggestion for the future is to order a mens size. Small would be good for Crystal and Medium probably for Christina. Of course I'm shooting myself in the foot by discussing body sizes with women :ninja:

Also, I have 7 medium LAVA (superfunky) T-shirts from last year that I'm bringing. So I can gladly give some to you guys that need shirts and don't want to feel left out. It's probably cooler Christina since it has the secret ini key setting that you added to LabVIEW.

Also, it's probably too late to order a shirt now for niweek. For some reason dark shirts take up to 3 days for production.

QUOTE (crelf @ Jul 29 2008, 01:26 PM)

Actually, they screwed up thrice which is why I gave up on them being able to handle this order correctly.

We used to use CafePress, but they limit each item type [...] unless we open a store and pay them a whole lot of money
:angry:
).

CafePress stores are free now, but if everyone else is happy with zazzle, then stick with what works.

, explain the situation, and they might be able to get you a new shirt before NI-Week.

Given the flimsy, under-sized ladies shirt that they sent me, I have no reason to believe they can make one of reasonable quality, especially with the remaining time. I might call them to ask for a refund. Just don't give me any crap for not having a shirt at the BBQ! I tried.

Ever since I saw this blog post about how tech shirts are all-too-often female-unfriendly, I decided I want women's shirts whenever I have a choice (although for me it's not a size issue as much as a fit issue).

QUOTE (crelf @ Jul 30 2008, 09:01 AM)

I'd be too frightened that Christina would slap me at the BBQ...
:o

You all are lucky I save my fiery wrath for coworkers who break user interface design rules. ;)

addendum: Zazzle sent me an e-mail offering to print a shirt without waiting for the return, but they're all out of Ladies XXL shirts, so I'm going to pass.

QUOTE (Christina Rogers @ Jul 30 2008, 08:19 AM)

This is sort of orthogonal to the discussion, but I have also had an issue with the quality of the only Zazzle shirt I've ordered in the past. Specifically, the screenprinting on it (a black line drawing on a grey long-sleeved t-shirt) faded really fast. It was noticeably faded after a single trip through the washer.

I have a couple LAVA shirts and also another Zazzle shirt I just got, but have been very careful washing them so far (and only washed each one once or twice). It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

[OT Sea-Story]

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jul 29 2008, 09:12 PM)

... Of course I'm shooting myself in the foot by discussing body sizes with women :ninja:

I learned it is always a bad idea. I used to work with a woman that was so prlific she would refer to herself as "Fertle-Mertle". After catching back up with her I said to her "I see you are once again, with child." She said,

"NO, just fat!"

I felt about two inches tall and wanted to find a rock to climb under.

Ben

PS She eventually admitted I was expecting. :rolleyes:

QUOTE (Justin Goeres @ Aug 1 2008, 12:35 PM)

This is sort of orthogonal to the discussion, but I have also had an issue with the quality of the only Zazzle shirt I've ordered in the past. Specifically, the screenprinting on it (a black line drawing on a grey long-sleeved t-shirt) faded really fast. It was noticeably faded after a single trip through the washer.

I have a couple LAVA shirts and also another Zazzle shirt I just got, but have been very careful washing them so far (and only washed each one once or twice). It will be interesting to see how they hold up.

Of course you don't wash your LAVA T-shirts. You dry clean them of course. I always like to store mine in one of those air sealed bags with a pack of silica gel inside for good measure.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Jul 29 2008, 07:12 PM)

My suggestion for the future is to order a mens size. Small would be good for Crystal and Medium probably for Christina. Of course I'm shooting myself in the foot by discussing body sizes with women :ninja:

Also, I have 7 medium LAVA (superfunky) T-shirts from last year that I'm bringing. So I can gladly give some to you guys that need shirts and don't want to feel left out. It's probably cooler Christina since it has the secret ini key setting that you added to LabVIEW.

Also, it's probably too late to order a shirt now for niweek. For some reason dark shirts take up to 3 days for production.

Michael - I'll buy one from you. I opted to not zazzle - astronomical shipping fee to get it on time. Gee... I was going to order a ladies medium :unsure: Too bad, my daughter would have look quite hip on her first day of 1st grade wearing a lava shirt