License requirements

crabman

Hello Everyone,

I am a small-time application builder on Labview, I have tried to find answers to the following two questions a lot on the NI site but could not get any definite yes or no answer

So here are the questions

1) I know that DSC module requires run-time license on the end-users computer, my question is, that if I use the datasocket binding on the controls/indicators property box and assign a couple of OPC tags (like 20-30 max) and not use the shared variable engine, do I still have to get a dsc runtime license, or is there anything like OPC tag-based license for the end-users PC?

2) Does database connectivity toolset and report generation toolkit also require runtime license on end-user PC's?

Hello Everyone,

I am a small-time application builder on Labview, I have tried to find answers to the following two questions a lot on the NI site but could not get any definite yes or no answer

So here are the questions

1) I know that DSC module requires run-time license on the end-users computer, my question is, that if I use the datasocket binding on the controls/indicators property box and assign a couple of OPC tags (like 20-30 max) and not use the shared variable engine, do I still have to get a dsc runtime license, or is there anything like OPC tag-based license for the end-users PC?

2) Does database connectivity toolset and report generation toolkit also require runtime license on end-user PC's?

This KB article is a good overview of what you require for DSC based on the functionality your application will use.

As for DBCT and RGT - you should only need the standard LabVIEW run-time (no license).