2012 LAVA/OpenG NIWeek BBQ - Door Prizes!

jgcode

As in awe as I am with all of these great prizes, there's one awe-ful flaw to the door prize system: LAVA Administrators and Moderators are exempt from winning prizes. I just thought I'd mention that so, as you gaze in wonderment of all these super cool things that will be given away, you'll remember the more unfortunate people that won't be able to go home with a one. *sigh*

Maybe I should resign my administrator position just before the BBQ...

post-10325-0-11226400-1343577226.jpg

Represent!

Stunt around NI Week in this year's hottest fashion straight from the runways of Zazzle in your very own LAVA Tee! I will be throwing in 4 Tees (designed in-house by our very own Vugie) for this year's BBQ

post-10325-0-66205300-1343577608.png

What's cooler than a hot LAVA flow? A hot LAVA data-flow, fo course! Be instantly recognised as part of the LAVA community by sporting this stylish flow of nodes, complete with all of your favourite datatypes! (Tee style may vary)

Thanks to crelf for helping me organize this :beer_mug:

post-181-0-68452600-1343998183.gif

Our friends at WireFlow are donating a awesome Raspberry Pi ( post-181-0-03011300-1343998342.gif mmmm pi) as a BBQ door prize!

post-181-0-52945700-1343998441.jpg

The Raspberry Pi is a credit-card sized computer that plugs into your TV and a keyboard. It’s a capable little PC which can be used for many of the things that your desktop PC does, like spreadsheets, word-processing and games. It also plays high-definition video. WireFlow wants to see it being used by kids all over the world to learn programming!

Thanks WireFlow!

PS: While you're on WireFlow's website, take a look at their cRIO modules for fault injection, resistor emulation and fiber optic communication - totally neat stuff!

• Like 1

The two most important pieces of hardware for a successful day of LabVIEW coding are a Mac and a comfy pair of socks... but coming in close third is pair of noise-cancelling headphones! For the 2012 LAVA BBQ, Wirebird Labs LLC - fresh to the LabVIEW Tools development arena - will be giving away a set of Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Acoustic Noise Cancelling® Headphones. Inline cord controls make it a viable replacement for iPhone calling, and Songza has never sounded better!

I’ve personally vetted and enjoyed my own pair during extreme LabVIEW dev sessions, but heed this warning: a mere tap on the shoulder from a well-wisher becomes a terrifying sneak attack when you're engrossed in your alternate execution space of audial serenity.

Pictured below: rare photo of a feral graphical developer in his natural habitat, caught unawares due to the headphones.

post-17237-0-10641900-1344078395_thumb.j

• Like 2
Hey mate, sorry you could not make it this year. Just to let you know we all appreciated your involvement in making this yet another great LAVA BBQ, even from abroad. I'd like to convey the two (or was it three?) cheering rallies we had in your honor. Give a huge hug to the three reasons you could not make it this year (you know who they are), they indeed deserved your entire attention. All the best to your family.

Thanks for the kind words mate! :beer_mug:

I'll make it 4 hugs so the dog doesn't feel left out :P